Author Topic: Portuguese Brick Oven installation & review  (Read 140 times)

Offline FloridaPie

• I Love Pizza!
Portuguese Brick Oven installation & review
« on: April 20, 2015, 09:02:53 AM »
I am thrilled to have had my Portuguese brick oven installed this weekend. We got the oven from Grills'n Ovens and dealing with Eugene was a pleasure- he gave me lots of information and options. My wife and I settled on the Portuguese oven for two reasons: smaller but still decent size and we plan to cook all sort of food, not just pizzas, and a higher ceiling will help. I also like the possibility of using a rotisserie spit.
We are building an island in our South Florida home - why live anywhere else?? The oven has a special place in our backyard. It was delivered last week when the shipper dropped it on my driveway. From there my builders from Pavers Plus had their crew pick it up with a bobcat and install it on the backyard island. I can confirm that that was *not* a two guys and a dolly job!

I posted a video on Youtube showing the moving and install process .

The oven is in the beginning stage of curing at the moment. I am following Eugene's instructions to keep a 7-day candle inside for, well, seven days... I will start firing it off later by midweek and then start burning food  ;D . I will report back with a review of the oven after I have some guinea pigs over for dinner. More to come ...

Offline Neopolitan

• Pizza, Pasta Birra e Basta!
Re: Portuguese Brick Oven installation & review
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2015, 01:32:18 AM »
Congrats!

And enjoy :)