Author Topic: Homemade Baking Door for my oven  (Read 497 times)

Offline il selvaggio

• Not as good as it could be, but it will be!
Homemade Baking Door for my oven
« on: July 26, 2015, 01:46:05 PM »
Just wanted to post some pics of my prototype and then then the actual baking door I made for my oven. I use this baking door after the last pizza has been cooked to help retain the heat for my attempts at baking the next day. I made had an old gas fireplace insert that i took apart and used the insulation in this baking door.  I made a second adjustable burn door to help control the smoke (we live on top of a hill and is always very windy) and the amount of air that goes into the oven. I'll post some of those as well in a separate post.  You can see the temp difference of the inside and outside of the door in the two photos. Hope this gives someone an idea..

Offline Neopolitan

• Pizza, Pasta Birra e Basta!
Re: Homemade Baking Door for my oven
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 03:31:07 PM »
Nice job 8)

Did You put insulation material in that big box like part that fits in the oven mouth?
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 03:37:42 PM by Neopolitan »

Offline il selvaggio

• Not as good as it could be, but it will be!
Re: Homemade Baking Door for my oven
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2015, 02:04:47 PM »
Yes, when I remodeled the outdoor kitchen and made the pizza oven I took out a gas fireplace insert. Since we were throwing this away we just took the insulation out of the fireplace and used it in the oven door. I have no idea what kind it is just thought that if it was engineered to keep a house from burning down it would work for this application...Works great.