Author Topic: Patsy's dough starter request  (Read 4652 times)

Offline mrbthree

• From the Heart
Patsy's dough starter request
« on: December 16, 2006, 01:08:31 PM »
I am writing to beseech one of the members for a piece of starter dough from Patsy's. I have read several posting of members talking about receiving and exchanging Patsy's starter. So, I am posting a general request, rather than approaching any one member. If anyone would like to help me out, I would be most grateful, and I will pay any and all expenses, of course.
You may PM me. I can give you my phone number to discuss this, or I would be happy to call you if you give me your number when you contact me.
Thanks, very much.
I live in the San Diego area.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 03:05:24 PM by Tampa »

Offline Gualtiero

• Someday....
Re: Patsy's dough starter request
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2006, 06:49:15 AM »
Check your mail!

Offline pcampbell

• Supporting Member
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2007, 12:44:38 PM »
I need to "pay it forward" from the person who sent me some.  Why don't you PM me your address and I will send it, provided you are in the USA ?

One thing I should mention, it has been said that Patsy's doesn't actually use a sourdough starter.  Whatever it is, it is very active.  And likely to have been taken over or combined with local yeasts at this point anyway from feeding and leaving out on the counter. 

But, the stuff I have is freeze dried from the original person who sent it to me, so whatever I have been doing with my starter will have no effect on what I send to you.
Patrick

Offline jasonmolinari

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 09:29:30 AM »
I'm looking to get a hold of some of this famed starter as well. Freezedried would work best.
I'm in the US, and can paypal shipping charges.

Anyone willing to share their Patsy's starter?

I can trade for a starter i have from a local restaurant. I haven't tried it for pizza but it is good in bread.

Offline brick oven

« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2007, 06:44:57 PM »
hello everyone,
i would also like to know if i could recieve a Patsy's culture.  anyone  who could mail some to me i would appreciate this very much.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 03:06:27 PM by Tampa »

Offline David

• What’s So Funny ‘Bout Pizza Love and Understanding
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2007, 10:55:25 PM »
If you want a long room temp rise I've heard Viagara is the way to go and all this Patsy's stuff is urban mythology. >:D

Patsy's does not, and has never used wild yeast (starter culture).  What Jeff collected was wild yeast from his own kitchen that grew on dough that he brought back from Patsy's. I could be wrong, but I think Jeff himself has even confirmed this elsewhere on the forum.

Now this does not mean that what Jeff is using is not an amazing top notch starter (knowing that guy I am sure that it is!), but it just means that you might have just as much luck collecting your own wild starter in your own kitchen.

« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 10:59:33 PM by David »
If you're looking for a date... go to the Supermarket.If you're looking for a wife....go to the Farmers market

Offline brick oven

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2007, 12:18:42 PM »
i will trade a camoldi starter for a patsy's starter....just let me know if anyone is interested......thank you.
steve

Offline P75Eagle

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2008, 06:57:58 AM »
Greetings fellow pizza-lovers!
I am looking for Patsy's starter culture.  Does anyone still have it and is willing to share?
Sorry, I do not have anything to offer in trade as I am a complete newbie.

Any info would be greatly, greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance!!