Author Topic: Bakers Pride P18 Countertop Oven  (Read 2591 times)

Offline spacelooper

• I Love Pizza!
Bakers Pride P18 Countertop Oven
« on: December 29, 2006, 09:38:07 AM »
I have been looking for a pizza oven for the home so am trying to find something in the 110-120 range as opposed to 220... when I looked at the Bakers Pride P18 they say that they don't advise it for Fresh dough pizza's?.... has anyone here used this oven for fresh dough pizzas?... I can't understand why it wouldn't work...anyone shed any light...or have any suggestions for a home pizza oven?...

thanks,
Todd

Offline PizzaPolice

• Supporting Member
  • WFO-Where Art & Physics meet - Heat is the Arbiter
Re: Bakers Pride P18 Countertop Oven
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2006, 03:58:22 PM »
Unless you find it somewhere really CHEAP, I would advise that you stick with your kitchen oven. 
I have a similar 220V model.  Would it work for fresh dough in your kitchen? Yes.  In a commercial environment? No.  1800 watts just won't keep up with a constant demand.  For the money, I honestly don't think you would be happy with the difference between a geeked up kitchen oven and the P18.
Consider these ovens are standalone and not vented.  Drop some cheese on the stone and it will be a foggy (smoky) day in London Town in your kitchen.  From personal experience, I can attest that my smoke alarm works perfectly.
Now I use mine just for Chicago pan pizzas.
Dig around for threads by "Les". 

Good luck,
PizzaPolice