Author Topic: Looking for advice on sauce  (Read 525 times)

Offline Jim Diggy

• I Love Pizza!
Looking for advice on sauce
« on: February 11, 2016, 09:37:50 PM »

Currently I use Don Pepino’s pizza sauce and love it.  Hands down its better than anything I have ever made at home.  Last weekend I was experimenting with roasting cherry tomatoes to place into my margherita pizza.  The recipe I used to roast the cherry tomatoes was awesome and made the Don Pepinos sauce taste even better.  The question is, how can I get the flavor of the roasted cherry tomatoes into the sauce without using cherry tomatoes?  Im looking to replace the tomatoes with the don pepinos sauce. 

Recipe and method:

Take about 12 cherry tomatoes and place them on a baking pan.  Pour olive oil, Oregano, Basil, Sea Salt, Crushed Peppers, Pepper, over the tomatoes and hand rub all ingredients onto the tomatoes.  Roast on 425 deg in oven for 15mins or until done.

Should I simply add all ingredients minus the tomatoes to the don pepinos and cook on a stove top?
Should I roast the tomatoes like I did and sun dry the tomato skins, chop, and sprinkle in sauce?   

Suggestions are appreciated

Offline Greenguru

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Looking for advice on sauce
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2016, 12:32:20 PM »
Sounds like a awesome sauce base, I love growing tomatoes which causes me to can some stewed,salsa,and other recipes I love them and I have been using on my pizzas the thing all just testing it's very fun and tasty I have done all the work to better control my sodium intake any way the only time I buy premade sauce are never that's just me thanks