Author Topic: Pizza Hug original style sauce  (Read 9638 times)

Offline johnamus

• Pizza fan
Re: Pizza Hug original style sauce
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2011, 08:38:56 AM »
Peter those are some great ideas and methods for replicating the sauce.   I may really do that someday BUT for now, this sauce comes extremely close.   I made a Pizza Butt pan pizza using the dough recipe on this forum and the sauce (posted above) tonight and I was Truely Amazed!  It was so very close.  The only thing that was off was that my crust was a bit thicker than theirs but that's an easy fix.  The softness of the dough was right on, the oil crunch of the bottom was right on, the sauce was right on.  If I had served it to friends in a PH box, they wouldn't know any better.  It was so very tasty and a nice change from NY style.

Jackie Tran,

That pizza hut clone looks great!  What pan did you use?

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2011, 09:09:58 AM »
Thanks Johnamus,  I use a pampered chef ceramic deep dish.  It is made from the same material as their regular pizza stone, which is cordierite I believe.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 10:24:28 AM by Jackie Tran »

Offline elshout

« Reply #22 on: October 31, 2011, 08:40:32 PM »
Jackie, what peperoni did you use? It looks like they got crispy on the edges. That is what I am looking for. Thanks.

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2011, 08:58:08 PM »
Gosh, it's been awhile so I don't even remember exactly.  It was probably hormel or a generic.  I was also using a lot of boar's head at that time.

pizzapan