Using ingredients list posted on their website for their mail order pizzas, and much experimenting, I've come up with a dough recipe that is extremely close their deep dish pizza (well, at least the mail order version). Especially in it's cookie crust style crust, which, to my surprise uses yellow food coloring instead of corn meal (I think actual location uses corn meal). Sauce is a little tougher, so you will need to use your favorite recipe. Try it and see what you think!
1 12'' heavy gauge deep dish pan
4 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp active dry yeast
1/2 cup warm water
1/2 cup cold water
1/2 tsp cream of tartar
2 1/2 tbl sugar
1/4 cup corn oil
Shortening for pan
3 squirts yellow food coloring (optional)
Your favorite pizza sauce and toppings
Sliced Monzarella Cheese
1. Pour 1/2 cup warm water in mixing bowl. Sprinkle yeast over the top and let it dissovle for 10 min. In separate bowl, mix 2 cups flour with cream of tartar and sugar.
2. Add flour mixture to water and yeast mixture. Then add corn oil, food coloring, 1/2 cup cold water to mix. Mix well with mixer or spoon. Add remaining 2 cup flour (plus extra if needed) until dough is smooth and elastic.
3. Sprinkle flour the dough and place in ziploc bag (or seran wrap covered bowl). Put it in refrigerator overnite.
4. One hour before cooking, take dough out and place on floured surface. Cover and let it rest.
5. Spread shortening in deep dish pan. Put dough in middle and work into pan, up to the edges. Poke holes in dough with fork to prevent bubbling.
6. Place cheese slices on dough first. Enough to cover bottom. Then place toppings. Lastly, add your sauce.
7. Pre-heat oven to 375 deg. Put pizza in oven in middle or middle lower rack and cook for 45 min. or until crust is a nice crispy golden brown. It is important to cook this low and slow to achieve the cookie like crust!