Author Topic: Forum upgrade  (Read 34461 times)

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
Forum upgrade
« on: January 16, 2007, 01:21:55 PM »
As you have probably noticed, I recently upgraded the forum.

Please let me know if anything is amiss or if you have any questions or comments.

Thanks!  :chef:
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline MWTC

Re: Forum upgrade
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 02:29:23 PM »
I really liked the red color for hot topics, it really stood out, easy to find. This new style isn't an upgrade.  :'(

MWTC

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 02:37:46 PM »
Now, now... don't cry!  I can easliy fix that!  ;D
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline Boy Hits Car

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2007, 02:46:40 PM »
Steve,

I'm just going to post things as I find them; hope you don't mind.  In the forum, the pizza making.com logo at the top left of the page use to be a hyperlink to the front/index page.  I liked using it as a shortcut back to the index page so I could access the glossary/books/recipe buttons.

Mike

Edit:  Great job btw.  Looks very nice and professional.

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2007, 03:14:16 PM »
Steve,

I'm just going to post things as I find them; hope you don't mind.  In the forum, the pizza making.com logo at the top left of the page use to be a hyperlink to the front/index page.  I liked using it as a shortcut back to the index page so I could access the glossary/books/recipe buttons.

Mike

Edit:  Great job btw.  Looks very nice and professional.

Thanks! I'll fix that.  :)

Keep those bug reports coming!

Offline MWTC

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2007, 03:25:27 PM »
Another thing I liked was the 10 most recent posts, you could read them without going to the thread. Now we have to go to the thread.  >:(  How about increasing it form 10 to 25!!!

MWTC  :chef:
« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 03:35:26 PM by MWTC »

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2007, 03:26:49 PM »
Steve,

With the last forum format, a statement appeared at the top of the page to indicate the existence of PMs. Can that feature be incorporated in the new format?

Peter

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 03:29:50 PM »
Another thing I liked was the 10 most recent post, you could read them without going to the thread. Now we have to go to the thread  >:(

That's still there... scroll to the bottom of the main page, under Forum Stats, and click on "View the most recent posts on the forum."

Offline MWTC

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 03:40:43 PM »
Great!!!  ;D  :-D  ;D

« Last Edit: January 16, 2007, 03:42:51 PM by MWTC »

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2007, 04:06:22 PM »
Steve,

With the last forum format, a statement appeared at the top of the page to indicate the existence of PMs. Can that feature be incorporated in the new format?

Peter

That's there too... look at the "MY MESSAGES" button... it will show if you have new messages or not.

Offline SemperFi

• Getting there, slowly but surely
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2007, 04:16:48 PM »
I think that it is a great job Steve.  Where it says Pizza Making Forum> Reference...> etc, is it me or does the font look a little small.  Or am I just getting too old?  It looks like you have some available space above and below the text..  Just my opinion.

Adam
Adam

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2007, 06:38:25 PM »
I think that it is a great job Steve.  Where it says Pizza Making Forum> Reference...> etc, is it me or does the font look a little small.  Or am I just getting too old?  It looks like you have some available space above and below the text..  Just my opinion.

Adam

Fixed!  :D

Offline SemperFi

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2007, 06:45:36 PM »
Ahhhh, much better.  Good job on the upgrade Steve, and thank you for all the work you have done to this forum for us.

Adam
Adam

Offline SemperFi

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2007, 08:17:42 PM »
Hi Steve,

Just one other item, trivial also, but it leads to a better overall experience.  When yo go to do a spellcheck, it opens another window.  The new window is slightly smaller than it could be, necessitating that you scroll down about an inch it seems to do the ignore, change buttons.  Or is that just on my computer?

Adam
Adam

Offline Boy Hits Car

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2007, 08:33:17 PM »
Hi Steve,

Just one other item, trivial also, but it leads to a better overall experience.  When yo go to do a spellcheck, it opens another window.  The new window is slightly smaller than it could be, necessitating that you scroll down about an inch it seems to do the ignore, change buttons.  Or is that just on my computer?

Adam

I have the same problem.

Offline Peteg

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2007, 09:21:53 PM »
Steve,
         Great job on the new layout.  The only squawk i have is in regards to the far right hand column.  Any chance the words "Last Post" could be taken off bold?  It's a little easier to see when the last post was if the actual post is the only thing in bold.  Also, It seemed that the font in that column used to be a little larger.  In any case, thanks for the new layout and everything you have done for all of us by providing this wonderful forum where we can all come together.  Peteg

Offline dcervone

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2007, 11:32:10 PM »
For some reason images no longer load when I view forum pages. There isn't even a template for them - it's as if posts with images didn't contain them at all. This wasn't a problem for me yesterday or any time before today, so I have to think it's related to the update.

I'm using Firefox 1.0.7 btw.
-Dan

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2007, 04:21:38 AM »
For some reason images no longer load when I view forum pages. There isn't even a template for them - it's as if posts with images didn't contain them at all. This wasn't a problem for me yesterday or any time before today, so I have to think it's related to the update.

I'm using Firefox 1.0.7 btw.

FWIW, I'm running Firefox 2.0.0.1 and have no problems with images.

Bill/SFNM

Offline SemperFi

« Reply #18 on: January 17, 2007, 06:29:55 AM »
Seems like every 3d time or so that I go to quote a post, I get an error code saying verification failed.  Anybody else getting this?

Adam
Adam

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #19 on: January 17, 2007, 07:35:43 AM »
Seems like every 3d time or so that I go to quote a post, I get an error code saying verification failed.  Anybody else getting this?

Adam

Quote #1

pizzapan