Author Topic: Forum upgrade  (Read 34864 times)

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
Re: Forum upgrade
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2007, 07:35:57 AM »
Seems like every 3d time or so that I go to quote a post, I get an error code saying verification failed.  Anybody else getting this?

Adam

Quote #2
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2007, 07:36:13 AM »
Seems like every 3d time or so that I go to quote a post, I get an error code saying verification failed.  Anybody else getting this?

Adam

Quote #3
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2007, 07:36:29 AM »

Adam

Quote #4

Offline SemperFi

• Getting there, slowly but surely
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2007, 07:42:44 AM »
Holy cow,  why is it posting over and over?  I only did it once?  I am sorry if it was a glitch on my end.  Kinda get the feeling Steve that you think that it was intentional....Adam
Adam

Offline November

• Come for the food. Stay for the science.
    • Uncle Salmon
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2007, 07:44:24 AM »
Holy cow,  why is it posting over and over?  I only did it once?

Because you said every 3rd post, I imagine.

Offline SemperFi

« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2007, 07:48:43 AM »
No, I just noticed that Steve was posting it.   I thought that my initial post was reposting over and over, and that Steve was counting them, like in annoyance.   ::)  I understand now what he was doing.  When I get a verification error, its immediately as I click on the quote button, not when I actually post the quote.  All I do is click the back button, and click the quote button again, and it works fine.  Might be my server?  Adam
Adam

Offline SemperFi

« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2007, 07:54:59 AM »
Because you said every 3rd post, I imagine.

I just tried the quote button eight different times throughout the forum.  It must have been a server issue on my side.  My apologies.  Adam
Adam

Offline November

• Uncle Salmon
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2007, 07:56:24 AM »
No, I just noticed that Steve was posting it.   I thought that my initial post was reposting over and over, and that Steve was counting them, like in annoyance.   ::)  I understand now what he was doing.  When I get a verification error, its immediately as I click on the quote button, not when I actually post the quote.  All I do is click the back button, and click the quote button again, and it works fine.  Might be my server?  Adam

Adam, I was referring to why Steve was posting it over and over.  He was more than likely trying to confirm what you said.  Your additional comments will probably be more useful.  (FYI: Your side is the client.  Steve's side is the server.)

Offline SemperFi

« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2007, 07:59:12 AM »
Gotcha November. Thanks for the clarification.  Adam
Adam

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2007, 08:13:33 AM »
Yes, I was testing what you said. I didn't experience any problems on my end, so it must be something on your end. Sorry for the confusion.

Offline SemperFi

« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2007, 08:20:08 AM »
Yes, I was testing what you said. I didn't experience any problems on my end, so it must be something on your end. Sorry for the confusion.

It just did it again actually.

An Error Has Occurred!
Session verification failed. Please try logging out and back in again, and then try again. 

Back

It more than likely is my end.  Sorry for the confusion, didn't know that I was the client (as per November) and you are the server.  Thanks again for all your efforts in making this forum a valuable resource.  Adam
Adam

Offline November

• Uncle Salmon
« Reply #31 on: January 17, 2007, 08:27:16 AM »
Adam,

The nomenclature mixup is no big deal.  It was just an FYI for you.  If you want to continue this through personal messages, I can try to help you pinpoint the problem on your end.

- red.november

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #32 on: January 17, 2007, 11:03:04 AM »
Steve,

With the last forum format, a statement appeared at the top of the page to indicate the existence of PMs. Can that feature be incorporated in the new format?

Peter

I just added the old-style "You have xxx messages..." text on the top menu.  :)

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2007, 11:04:02 AM »
Hi Steve,

Just one other item, trivial also, but it leads to a better overall experience.  When yo go to do a spellcheck, it opens another window.  The new window is slightly smaller than it could be, necessitating that you scroll down about an inch it seems to do the ignore, change buttons.  Or is that just on my computer?

Adam

Fixed.

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2007, 11:43:46 AM »
Steve,

I know that there are members who would like to help defray the costs of running the best pizza oriented forum on the internet, by becoming Supporting Members. You used to have buttons on the forum pages to do this. How should prospective Supporting Members now make donations?

Peter

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2007, 12:59:44 PM »
Steve,

I know that there are members who would like to help defray the costs of running the best pizza oriented forum on the internet, by becoming Supporting Members. You used to have buttons on the forum pages to do this. How should prospective Supporting Members now make donations?

Peter

They should use the new "Paid Subscriptions" feature of the forum. Just click on the PROFILE tab then select "Paid Subscriptions" from the menu list.  :D

Offline mister_c

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2007, 01:38:54 PM »
I'm probably being stupid here but I can no longer see image attachments.  Is there anything I need to do? Am using IE 6.029

Offline ehlaban

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #37 on: January 17, 2007, 01:53:11 PM »
i had the same thing but after i logged-in everything worked fine

Ernesto

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
« Reply #38 on: January 17, 2007, 01:56:30 PM »
I'm probably being stupid here but I can no longer see image attachments.  Is there anything I need to do? Am using IE 6.029

Should be fixed now. Thanks.

Offline mister_c

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #39 on: January 17, 2007, 01:57:48 PM »
Thanks- now working again  :)