Author Topic: Where to stay in Naples  (Read 1716 times)

Offline amanda

Where to stay in Naples
« on: January 19, 2007, 10:19:30 AM »
Hey guys!  I'm planning a trip to Naples for a taste of the original.  Does anyone have any hotel suggestions?

Thanks,

Amanda

Offline David

• What’s So Funny ‘Bout Pizza Love and Understanding
Re: Where to stay in Naples
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2007, 10:30:14 AM »
Next time I return i'll probably look for a room in the Vomero area.It is a set up on a hill overlooking Naples and is a relative oasis above the mayhem below !We have a number of members who have been recently and even a couple of native Neapolitans who may offer some more specific advive.
Here's one option (though not inexpensive !) which seem to have some nice accomodation,
                   David

http://www.charmerelax.it/hotel.asp?id_agenzia=&hotel_cod=196&pagina=hotel&lang=eng

Just came across ths B&B also........

http://www.bedbreakfastalba.it/casa/casa.htm
« Last Edit: January 19, 2007, 10:39:43 AM by David »
If you're looking for a date... go to the Supermarket.If you're looking for a wife....go to the Farmers market

Offline pizzanapoletana

• Pizza Napoletana as it was made in 1730!
    • Forno Napoletano - Pizza Ovens
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2007, 10:33:53 AM »
Amanda,

I have met the owner and General Manager of this hotel in Naples on my last visit.
It is a very nice hotel (4 stars) in the middle of a very nice area (Chiaia).

http://www.palazzoalabardieri.it/eng/index.asp

And off course all the ones on Via Partenope (Excelsior, Vesuvio etc)

Offline pizzanapoletana

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2007, 10:41:54 AM »
David,

I am sorry to say this, but there are no many option in the Vomero area, actualy none that I know of. I was brought up there and the only hotel (3 stars) I can think of is "Hotel Camaldoli" near the "Rione Alto" station of the metro. It is mainly used by relatives of the patientes at the nearby hospitals (the are is also known as Hospitals area..).
There are however quite few unknown pizzeria in the are that would  probably impress quite a bit.

Ciao

Offline David

• What’s So Funny ‘Bout Pizza Love and Understanding
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 11:13:04 AM »
Thanks Marco.I must say that one thing thing that I was interested in in my last visit was to discover some interesting design of Pizzeria interiors (Modern,Deco,Bohemian?) I came away dissapointed however (apart from the simplistic starkness of DaMichelle ) at not finding anything particularly interesting.
I'm thinking of the contrasts found in the many Cafe of Paris,Amsterdam  etc.and was hoping to find similar in Napoli Pizzerias? I know I need much longer to explore,but any tips would be appreciated,
                                                         David
If you're looking for a date... go to the Supermarket.If you're looking for a wife....go to the Farmers market

Offline pizzanapoletana

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2007, 12:15:06 PM »
I think you find quite a large contrast already between Trianon ground floor, Da Michele and Sorbillo Gino (3 completely different styles).

Remeber, however that Pizzeria in Naples were traditionaly a minimalist thing.

For interiors purposes you may want to explore the numerous modern pizzerias that have sprouted at Via Partenope, opposite the Castello dell'ovo, on the sea front. (but the pizza are at most average and heavy)

Ciao

Offline scpizza

• Demystifying Neapolitan Pizza
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2007, 01:04:37 PM »
Stay at Correra 241.  It's a budget hotel - no frills, but really low rates.  It's clean and actually kinda hip too.  They have a website but may do better booking through venere.com.  Close to subway, center city, and major pizzerias.