Author Topic: Trip to Austria  (Read 2020 times)

Offline Pierre

• Someone say "PIZZA !!"?
Trip to Austria
« on: July 02, 2004, 04:00:40 PM »
We will be leaving this Saturday evening for Austria to visit Frauke's brother and some of her cousins. It's a 1100 KM drive and will take us 10 to 12 hours to get there. We will be there for 3 weeks. I am definitely taking my pizza stone, peel and scale on the trip, not to forget some flour and a good assortment of cheese and some canned tomatoes (hey, her brother can't wait to try some of our selfmade pizza.... Ok, I admit it... I'd probably miss my pizza stone ::)  )

If there is not too much to be done on the house, I will, at least I hope so, have some time to try out some other recipes as well. Among a few things I will try:

• the cinnamon rolls MamaMia & Randy once posted here
  • Stromboli's (They look so good, I just have to try making them)
  • The lou Malnatis Chicago Recipe (posted at the food network)
  • Parmalat's pureed tomatoes and pizza sauce
  • Using fresh yeast (sold in small bricks or cakes) in the Dairy section
I will check in as often I can in the Forum. Everyone seems to be very busy at the moment, maybe there will be a bit more going on in the next weeks. Wish you all good baking and hope to hear from you also.. :D

Pierre

Offline Foccaciaman

• ou812
Re:Trip to Austria
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2004, 08:33:18 PM »
Have a great trip Pierre, and drive safe. ;D ;D

On the stromboli subject, you definately have got to try it. I just did it 2 days ago and my first attempt turned out for beyond my expectations.
It was excellent. ;D
Ahhh, Pizza The Fifth Food Group

Offline Pierre

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2004, 09:04:39 AM »
Hi Guys!! :D

I finally got some time to catch up on reading what was going on here and to drop a post. We've been awful busy here and since the weather was terrible the last 2 weeks ( actually the last 3 months have been terrible with just a 4 or 5 days being good) we decided to help Frauke's brother renovate the kitchen. The house is quite old and needs a lot of work everywhere. I've been beat and just found some time yesterday evening to look in here a bit. Now I need to catch up on what has been going on here.

I did some good pizzas and other baking in the past 2 weeks. Still have 1 week to spend here. I'll make some posts if I find some time in the coming evenings. Catch you later then.....

:D

Pierre

Offline DKM

• Lifetime Member
  • Chicago - Now that's Pizza!
    • The Emperor.net
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2004, 06:58:08 PM »
We expect hear the pizza stories.

DKM
« Last Edit: July 18, 2004, 06:58:21 PM by DKM »
I'm on too many of these boards

Offline Foccaciaman

• ou812
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2004, 09:44:29 AM »
How was the trip Pierre???

Offline Pierre

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2004, 03:13:18 PM »
Sorry, have been beat the last days, was just able to look in quick every once in awhile. Kimberly got a very high fever thursday evening 41.5c within minutes. She started rolling her eyes back. We grabbed her and rushed to the hospital. Never drove like a madman before, but we were seriously scared.

We had to spend the night in the hospital with her. She has something they call here "3 day Fever". Sure enough the fever came every evening at 5 pm. We had virutally no sleep the last days and nights. Today she has no fever, but she needs to relax and rest the next days. We had to extend our stay here till Wednesday. The long drive back to Hamburg would be too much for her (and for us).

I was hoping to have more time to keep up with you all, but I am almost falling asleep while writing this.

Otherwise, the vacation was very good, the weather could have been better. The last 4 days were very warm and sunny. I did a lot of cooking and baking.

Hope everyone else had a good vacation.....

Pierre

Offline Foccaciaman

• ou812
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2004, 11:29:17 PM »
I wish you the best with Kimberly I hope she is feeling better. :)
Glad it was a good trip. :)

Offline Pierre

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2004, 05:30:24 PM »
Thank's Focaccia!

Kimberly is doing fine. It was the first time she was really sick... she's only had 1 cold so far and nothing else.

I've been too busy to post more than an occasional answer, Sorry. :-\

Things should get back to normal after next week.

Keep up the good work guys...

Pierre

pizzapan