Author Topic: The Pinemoor in Crystal Lake, Il  (Read 2162 times)

Offline lwc1952

The Pinemoor in Crystal Lake, Il
« on: January 28, 2007, 03:47:01 AM »
I grew up in Crystal Lake, Illinois, when it was a small town and we skated on the lake.  Not far from the lake was a local tavern and restaurant (the term grille wasn't yet in vogue) called The Pinemoor. My dad would order the pizza late on Friday night and have a beer while waiting for it to be ready. If we were lucky, us kids would get the leftovers in the morning. I am not sure what type of pizza this is, but it is delicious and I truly miss it.  The Pinemoor burned I think, and the company now operates in the Plaza on route 14.  Whenever I am home, I have to have it.  Is anyone familiar with this place?  The crust is very thin, the sausage has fennel seeds and is under the cheese. The cheese and sausage separate from the crust.
I now live in northeast Ohio. I have not encountered anything like Pinemoor here.  Does this sound like Cracker Crust to you?

Leslie

Offline chiguy

Re: The Pinemoor in Crystal Lake, Il
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 02:21:36 PM »
 Hi lwc1952,
 It sounds like a typical Chicago style thin crust, the cracker style which it could be is more of formulation/recipe than specific thickness factor.
 I guess i mean the thickness factor can vary.
 I like to use a Thickness Factor of .065 for a chicago thin, yes thats thin about 7.35oz of dough for a 12inch pizza.
 If you really have a craving for a nice thin crust pizza there is a place here that makes an excellent thin crust and they ship them out.
 They are called Vito and Nicks and i believe that there website is the same if you google them. I would order at least two if you have a family. They make excellent sausage, some of the best i have had.   Chiguy 

Offline lwc1952

Re: The Pinemoor in Crystal Lake, Il
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 02:59:02 PM »
Thanks Chiguy. I will check out Vito's and Nick's website.