Author Topic: Can't send PM  (Read 2231 times)

Offline dikaryon

Can't send PM
« on: January 28, 2007, 12:06:24 PM »
I've been trying in vain to send my first PM this morning. Every time I click send, I get a page identical to the one before, with no error message to tell me what I am doing wrong. Everything is identical to the pre-sent page, except the verification image has been updated.

I tried Firefox instead of Safari, but it had no effect.

One thing I don't understand is whether the verification images are case sensitive, and how anyone could possibly tell the difference if they are.

The other thing that is confusing is why the verfication dialogue box appears twice, both above and below the message box. I tried entering the letters in either and both, without success.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks
Andrew

Online Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
Re: Can't send PM
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2007, 08:18:32 AM »
I'm looking into the problem.

Just so that everyone knows, "New Members" can only have 5 messages in their mailbox (includes saved sent items too). This is to prevent spammers from signing up and spamming the members list. A new member is someone with fewer than 5 public posts to the forum. One more public post should move you up to "Member" and those constraints will be lifted (as well as the visual verification requirement too).  ;)
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline dikaryon

« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2007, 08:33:28 AM »
I'm looking into the problem.

Just so that everyone knows, "New Members" can only have 5 messages in their mailbox (includes saved sent items too). This is to prevent spammers from signing up and spamming the members list. A new member is someone with fewer than 5 public posts to the forum. One more public post should move you up to "Member" and those constraints will be lifted (as well as the visual verification requirement too).  ;)

You mean like this one?

Thanks for checking it out.

Andrew

Offline aeneas1

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 07:06:53 PM »
and this one (number 5)... :)