Author Topic: The Second Go 'Round  (Read 1511 times)

Offline Musky

The Second Go 'Round
« on: January 31, 2007, 08:17:29 PM »
The family and I just got done eating the pizzas I made using the two dough balls I made last night.  I used DKM's recipe using 6 oz. of water.  They weren't too bad.  The first was a little too thick and dense, and did not have the lightness I had hoped for.  For the second pizza I rolled it thinner, used fewer toppings, and did not dock the crust before cooking.  It had a much better texture.  I think I actually over docked the first crust.  I do not have a docker and pierced it many times with a fork in each hand.

I think I know how thin the crust needs to be rolled, and next time I will do just a little docking, as the second pizza ballooned up pretty well in a couple spots. 

I had thought about folding one of the crusts while rolling, but decided to work on the unfolded variety first.  Here's some pics of the pizzas.  The first is the dense one.  Thanks again to this site for making the info here available.  If I'm overdoing it with the pictures, I apologize.  I realize I'm pretty new here.

Kevin

Offline chicagonative

• I Love Chicago Pizza!
Re: The Second Go 'Round
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 08:23:34 PM »
They look tasty! The second one looks like sausage - what kind did you use? Also what was your sauce?

Thanks!

Offline Musky

Re: The Second Go 'Round
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2007, 08:38:02 PM »
The sausage is a spicy Italian made at a local Italian deli. I buy links and take them out of the casings and pinch off pieces.  Today I par-baked the sausage pieces about three minutes at 400. I also used their pizza sauce that they make in house.  It's good.  I'll take the time to make my own when I get the crust making down. Sauce is easy, crust is hard.  The first pizza also has sausage but it sort of disappeared due to the cheese.

I forgot to mention in my first post that I baked these using my electric convection oven directly on a pizza stone at 525.  The first took about 10 minutes, the second about 7.  I did not par-bake the crusts.

Kevin

pizzapan