Author Topic: first time buying cultures  (Read 10055 times)

Offline David

• What’s So Funny ‘Bout Pizza Love and Understanding
Re: first time buying cultures
« Reply #40 on: February 09, 2007, 04:29:23 PM »
And David, this is directly to you.  You don't know me.  You don't even have the faintest idea how long I've been making pizza/bread.  So don't accuse me of "coming to this board and wanting a magic pill."  don't let the post count fool you bud, I've been around here longer than you and probably been at it longer than you as well.  So get your facts straight before you generalize me of being some lazy n00b that wants an instruction sheet.

My comments were written in general terms to what seems to be a prevalent attitude and  not aimed specifically at you.If I were addressing you I would have been courteous enough to do so (As you have with me ).How long someone has been a member of this forum,making Pizza,or has been alive is in fact of little interest to me.
Manners maketh man.
You don't know me either young man,so I think it is a little presumptuous to refer to me as "Bud".
Wishing you continued success.
                                          David

[/quote]It seems that all too often people come to this Forum and want the Magic Pill - all the answers,no effort,sweet success.These are usually the ones who find it distasteful when they do not get the desired response.
[/quote]
If you're looking for a date... go to the Supermarket.If you're looking for a wife....go to the Farmers market

Offline abatardi

• It's MOOPS!
« Reply #41 on: February 09, 2007, 04:39:34 PM »
My comments were written in general terms to what seems to be a prevalent attitude and  not aimed specifically at you.If I were addressing you I would have been courteous enough to do so (As you have with me ).

With that, I believe I owe you an apology.  It just sounded like you were trying to throw me into a bucket.  As others have pointed out you are a retired chef and just for that I have much respect for you.  I'm very sorry that I got the wrong impression from your post and offended you in any way.

- Aaron
Make me a bicycle CLOWN!

Offline itsinthesauce

• This is a sickness.
« Reply #42 on: February 09, 2007, 06:16:09 PM »
Finally, the hatchet is buried. I've learned over the years that "One of us is not as smart as all of us". One may not agree all of the time, but one always will learn from the experience.

Pizza on!

Offline abatardi

• It's MOOPS!
« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2007, 06:24:01 PM »
Finally, the hatchet is buried. I've learned over the years that "One of us is not as smart as all of us". One may not agree all of the time, but one always will learn from the experience.

Pizza on!

Sounds like one of eBay's old slogans... "the power of all of us"... haha, i like it.

- aba
Make me a bicycle CLOWN!

Offline pizzanapoletana

• Pizza Napoletana as it was made in 1730!
    • Forno Napoletano - Pizza Ovens
« Reply #44 on: February 12, 2007, 04:53:23 AM »
Re edited:

Marco, not long ago, giving rave reviews on a book that taught him how to make pizza:

"As a Neapolitan leaving abroad, I was looking for help in recreating the real thing! Then I found this book. The history of the Pizza is full of detailed information and the description of ingredients and methods scientifically precise. A must have book for anyone interested in baking his own pizza or knowing more about this wonderful food." - Marco Parente, in a 5 star review of book "Pizza Napoletana", Amazon UK, Jan 15th, 2004 - http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/1580080855/ref=sr_aps_books_1_1/026-9594194-0858003

- aba

Aaron,

What are you assuming by that?

That I learned anything from that book??? Ah ah, you make me laugh how wrong you are young man.. I do not need to prove anything to you.. AT 13-14 I was behind an oven, for few if at any "LIRE"

By the way I was trying to be the first to review at least a book on amazon as to win a voucher.. I know not the best of the objective, but was studying and book vouchers are good things...  Yeah the review would have sound better if I said : " I have now found an interest in reading what people abroad think of Pizza Neapolitan and found all crap, but this seams to be a bit better, please give me a voucher... :-D (you may notice that all my three reviews in Amazon are positive first reviews, in response to "Be the first to review this book...", two were done on the same date when the new semester was starting :-[)
Oh  :o, I forgot to mention that the primary Italian book used by Pamela Jones for her research had been printed by my Uncles at one of the oldest Typography in Naples, and as usual I probably received a free copy 9 years earlier..... So I am guilty of writing a blown up review??? Apologies to whom bought the book because of that, but At least they may have understood that Pizza Napoletana is not the one sold in John's, among others as one..

In addition it was the one of the only two books available in English for "anyone" interested in that food... better then anything written before, and of course it did reference to the disciplinare that at the time was the best scientific - public available source on pizza napoletana....  On amazon we are not really talking about Baking science, are we??? Each forum has a proper audience and amazon has a general audience, is not "a Pizza Book" audience only as this or other forums alike where I have written for the past 4 years... At the time I wasn't even interested in divulging anything at all about pizza napoletana....

I wish it was possible to learn from a book or by reading the internet, but IT IS NOT and you need to realize that. So I rather do not add to this confusing and measure the informations I give out...

I just came back from a weekend trip to Naples where I met a member of this forum... I took him around a couple of my friends, where I have learned the true stuff, way before I started reading in English.....

You are laughable Aaron... I am tired of people that write, hiding behind a keyboard... You are not happy about how much I share? Though!!!! This, as others, is a free forum where members share or not what they like, and readers decides if it is worth to read... You read all my post apparently, so if sometimes ago you thought I was annoying, why did you keep reading??? (even going all the trouble to search my name on other sites ???  :-D - And if you are wondering, as I said before, my biography on Ed's Activation booklets is quite wrong as it was written by Ed's out of an exchange of emails in lines of: "can you briefly tell me what do you do?... I did not know it would be published otherwise I would have been more detailed..)

You got a lot of learning to do, so instead of wasting time on this discussions, keep going, you may get there and replicate A16 pizza...
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 08:00:38 AM by pizzanapoletana »

Offline MWTC

« Reply #45 on: February 12, 2007, 10:25:27 AM »
Again alot of words and no help to the group.

MWTC :chef:

This is a forum where we seek answers from each other and share to help others when we can. Not a platform to emote and pontificate. Help or don't be surprised by members that call you on their take of your trail of posts. Help us, don't try to lead us around by the nose. I understand once burnt twice shy. But now is the time to help.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2007, 10:09:46 AM by MWTC »

Offline abatardi

• It's MOOPS!
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2007, 11:28:12 PM »
By the way I was trying to be the first to review at least a book on amazon as to win a voucher..

suuuuuuure  ::)

- aba
Make me a bicycle CLOWN!

Offline abatardi

• It's MOOPS!
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2007, 11:29:45 PM »
You are laughable Aaron... I am tired of people that write, hiding behind a keyboard...

Come to Bay Area any time you want there Mark.  I'll tell you the same thing in person.   :-D

- aba
Make me a bicycle CLOWN!

Offline Bryan S

« Reply #48 on: February 13, 2007, 12:04:40 AM »
Thanks again Marco for the cultures, can't wait to activate them, and for this thread to die.  ;)
Making great pizza and learning new things everyday.