Author Topic: My Chicago Style Pizza Pics  (Read 1978 times)

Offline dapizza

• Show me the Pizza!
My Chicago Style Pizza Pics
« on: February 18, 2007, 10:58:38 AM »
Okay let me start by saying this will be my second attempt at posting.  My first one was rejected because of file size.  So this will be the shortened version.  Here goes...

I want to start out by saying this is the best pizza I have ever made.  I used DKM's dough recipe with a slight modification.  The first time I ever used DKM's recipe I accidently did not follow the instructions exactly.  I added the oil straight to the flour mixture, instead of adding it afterwards.  I actually did not realize this until the second time I made the pizza dough.  So, the second time I made sure I followed DKM's recipe exactly.  My end result, I found, was very good, but not quite as good as the recipe where I messed up and added the oil straight in with the rest of the ingredients.  So, this is the technique I have been using to date.  Also, I used the "man-hole cover" as described by some when doing my sausage.  I rolled my sausage out between two pieces of wax paper and transferred it to a skillet, letting it quickly cook up.  I tore it into three smaller pieces so it would be more managable.  I then used mozzerella cheese and put the tomatoes on top of that.  And, please don't laugh, but I used two cans of very cheap italian style diced tomatoes from walmart.  And vwalah!  This is my creation.  I hope everyone enjoys, and I would like to think everyone for all of their ideas!  (Especially DKM, Thanks!!!!!!!!!!)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 11:16:28 AM by dapizza »

Offline DKM

• Lifetime Member
  • Chicago - Now that's Pizza!
    • The Emperor.net
Re: My Chicago Style Pizza Pics
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 02:27:47 PM »
Not bad looking.  Got to make them the way it works for you.

DKM
I'm on too many of these boards

Offline vr6Dad

• Green Eggs & Pizza
Re: My Chicago Style Pizza Pics
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 01:25:36 PM »
THat's a good looking pizza. :) Next time, try patting out the sausage and putting it on top of the cheese raw. The pizza cooks long enough that it cooks the sausage too, and makes a very nice pie.  :pizza:

Sometimes the best recipes come from messing up.  :chef:
Cheers, Adrian
Big Green Egg