Author Topic: Sweetheart of a deal...  (Read 1780 times)

Offline Gualtiero

• Someday....
Sweetheart of a deal...
« on: February 15, 2007, 11:42:45 AM »
OK, here goes...for a very limited time (actually until I run out) I am offering the Patsy's Starter Culture to those that request it in time. Since I have been successful in drying and restarting this wonderful starter, I wanted to share it with as many as practical.

YEP, I got the Patsy's and you can too! I have appx. 24 dried, proofed, and vacuum packed samples ready to go. You will receive enough to do about 3 starts using appx 1 tsp of starter. Just revive it using the methods described on this site, and enjoy! (Once revived, you can dry it using methods available here too!)

Before you request the starter, I have just request...you must be willing to return the favor to someone that may ask for it. How you send the starter (wet or dry) is your choice! Pretty simple, yes?

OK, here's how you get it...just PM me your name and address and I'll send you some...again, pretty simple, yes?

Come 'n get it!

Offline canadianbacon

• DoughBoy
Re: Sweetheart of a deal...
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 11:50:15 AM »
That's mighty kind of you  :D

I would hope that people would Paypal you back enough for your stamp (postage) though, that could add up to a
bit of money for you in postage if you send out a lot of little packets

Anyway, great offerings ! this is what the spirit of giving is all about !  :chef:

( edit: added in the word "postage" to clarify )
Pizzamaker, Rib Smoker, HomeBrewer, there's not enough time for a real job.

Offline Gualtiero

• Someday....
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 11:54:41 AM »
No worries about the postage!!

3 tsp of this stuff is WAY LESS than 1 ounce. I am able to send it in a letter-sized envelope, for only 39 cents postage.

My cost to send out the whole lot is somewhere around ONLY $8 bucks! Compared to the value of the advice I have received on this site, I'm still WAY ahead of the game!!!

Walt

Offline canadianbacon

• DoughBoy
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2007, 11:59:46 AM »
I see shipping for you down there in good ol' U.S. Of A is much cheaper than up here.... to send a tiny letter
it costs us 59 cents. ( I haven't bought stamps lately, but I do believe there is even tax on them )
http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/offerings/lettermail/can/rates-e.asp

They give us no deals up here, and to send you guys a package, it's a lot more -- ouch !

Anyway, you are a kind soul Walt !  ;D

Mark
Pizzamaker, Rib Smoker, HomeBrewer, there's not enough time for a real job.

Offline Ebony

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 07:45:44 PM »
Trust me, whenever he does this take him up on it.  I just made a killer pizza out of it.  Bummer I don't have the camera here.

pizzapan