Author Topic: Pizza Pics from Newbie  (Read 1974 times)

Offline trohrs123

Pizza Pics from Newbie
« on: March 19, 2007, 06:23:30 PM »
Hey
Just wanted to post up some pics from my first attempt at some of the recipes here on the site. Look forward to trying some different sauces and more doughs. This pic is of NY style pizza using the dough recipe that is featured on the home page. Thanks for all the great info
Tim

Offline trohrs123

Re: Pizza Pics from Newbie (more)
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 06:24:29 PM »
more pics

Offline trohrs123

Re: Pizza Pics from Newbie
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 06:24:50 PM »
more

Offline grovemonkey

• Let's do it.
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 07:10:04 AM »
can you talk a little more about your oven set up? and toppings?  I'm curious.  I'd like to know more about your ingrediants too. 

Offline trohrs123

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 09:33:40 PM »
Hey grovemonkey,
I use a GE gas oven with a standard round baking stone. Preheated the oven to 550 degrees 2 hours prior to baking. I baked pizza on Sunday and made the dough on Friday night and in fridge until sunday. 2 hours to baking I brought dought to room temp. Sauce was made Thursday night. Gentle heat olive oil, garlic onion, red pepper flakes and Cento crushed tomatoes. About an hour over lowest flame and finshed with fresh basil and oregano. Cheese was fresh mozz made at a local Italian deli and polly mozz and with parmagiano reggiano micoplaned onto sauce before the mozz. Added the peppers and peppeoni as an after thought. Out of the 3 pizzas I made this weekend this was my favorite...the crust was crisp on the bottom but still foldable. I could eat that every day of the week and never tire of it. Great dough recipe!!
Tim

Offline grovemonkey

• Let's do it.
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 10:35:35 PM »
looks real nice.  I don't get that level of darkening on the bottom but i don't preheat my stone for so long.  I tend to like a softer bottom.  I got a G3 Ferrari that really crisps up the crust when I want that.  Looked good.  Post more photos when you make make pizza again!

Offline trohrs123

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2007, 11:13:23 PM »
i am going to make the Raquel dough tomorrow for this weekend..I have really high hopes wtth what I have read about this dough..wil post pics