Author Topic: Forum upgrade  (Read 34619 times)

Offline Steve

• Steve Zinski
  • Administrator
    • pizzamaking.com
Re: Forum upgrade
« Reply #60 on: February 10, 2007, 10:56:10 AM »
Steve,
I have been encountering a constraint over and over again and thought I would share it with you. The mailbox size is apparently very small which leads to various members not being able to accept new messages. Is there any way to increase the space available? Of course, an easy solution would be for the members to regularly clean out their messages but that is not happening.

I have the pm mailbox size limits set as follows:

New User: 5 messages
Registered User: 50 messages
Members: 200 messages

Should I bump them up? I think 200 messages is more than enough, but I'm willing to increase it if there's a compelling reason. Users should use the "Prune Messages" feature from their inbox to clean up old messages.
Pizzamaking.com is a member-supported public resource. Click HERE to become a Supporting Member.

Offline itsinthesauce

• This is a sickness.
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2007, 03:59:55 PM »
Steve, I wouldn't bump it up as you may stand the chance of bogging down.

Offline MWTC

« Reply #62 on: March 13, 2007, 10:38:06 AM »
Steve,

How about adding the Glossary and Recipes tabs to the tab area on the home page  that contains the Home, Help, Donate, Search, Profile, My Mesages, Calender, Members, Gallery, Logout.

Sometime a thread will provoke a term that needs clarification and the tab in that area would assist the members and guests in getting the info.  :)

MWTC  :chef: