Author Topic: Union Jack's Pub - Indy  (Read 1605 times)

Offline PizaJim

• I Love Pizza!
    • Rosemark Homes
Union Jack's Pub - Indy
« on: April 10, 2008, 09:53:16 PM »
I was surprized to see no reviews for Jack's. They have two locations, one by the speedway addorned with a small fortune in racing memorabilia, and the other in Broadripple area with an eclictic aray of adornment on the walls from all over the world. They are an English Pub feeling place, hence the name.

Enough! Abouth the pizza! Wonderful! They have a thin crust that is my favorite, crunchy all the way to the center, flavorful with a slightly buttery taste that I have been trying to replicate (Pete-za take note help please). All of the toppings including sauce are first rate.

They also have a deep dish which is my wife's fav. for the same reasons, just diff style, crust is more chicago corny tasting.

Never tried the thick crust. Full bar, friendly pro staff.

They also have a full array of other food, but that's another forum.

If anyone knows how they make the dough, PLEASE! HELP
2Stone Novice

Offline Davydd

Re: Union Jack's Pub - Indy
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2008, 04:41:05 PM »
I've been to the Speedway Union Jack Pub several times but never had their pizza. There breaded pork tenderloin sandwich is good and their Guinness is usually fresh.  :)
Davydd

Offline Mad_Ernie

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2008, 04:59:34 PM »
I'm a little surprised you didn't mention Bazbeux's in Broadripple  ;D

Union Jack's sounds good.  How long have they been around?  I'm trying to remember if I might have been to the one in Broadripple many years ago.

I'll have to make sure I stop there next time I'm in Indy.
Let them eat pizza.

Offline PizaJim

• I Love Pizza!
    • Rosemark Homes
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2008, 11:10:14 AM »
Mad Ernie,

Bazbuex is good too, good execution of the 3 cheeze mix, If memory serves me, moz, pecorino romano, and Provolone. I just really like UJ's crust, so unique, and the atmosphere in the bar area is better. Do give it a try. All of their food is good, if I don't want pizza, its a struggle to make a decision. But the pizza is the best thing they have.

Jim
2Stone Novice

pizzapan