Author Topic: "My Pie" Pizzeria  (Read 3600 times)

Offline Tadeschi

"My Pie" Pizzeria
« on: February 28, 2007, 12:30:20 PM »
Is anyone familiar with a pizzeria in Chicago named "My Pie"? Years ago there was a branch near the college I attended in Oklahoma. Best pizza I've ever eaten. If you have any knowledge of "My Pie" please let me hear your thoughts and comments.

thanks,

Offline icemncmth

• I Love Pizza!
Re: "My Pie" Pizzeria
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 12:40:04 PM »
My Pie in Tulsa was a pretty good pizza place for deep pan pizza.  Heck it was hard to eat a couple of pieces with all the stuff they put on the pie. What I liked about their dough was it had some crunch to it not like some of the Chicago style pizzas I have tasted. I use to go there several times a week because I had a girlfriend who worked there. I spent a lot of time in the back room watching them make pizzas. They would take their deep pans and rub them with olive oil then put the dough into the pan and then they would set the pans to the side...They would do this and have several pans in racks with dough...waiting for toppings...

The toppings like meat were all precooked and they would layer them and sprinkle a little cheese between each layer...and then once all the toppings were on they would cover with cheese...

The had two levels in their ovens. Most of the time the pie would be put on the lower rack to make sure the dough would bake and the cheese would melt. Then if the cheese needed a little browning they would put it on the upper rack close to the heat source...

I'm not sure if the one in Tulsa was the same as the My Pie's in Chicago..My bet is ..it was a copy..

Offline lilbuddypizza

• Cheesy dude
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 01:39:51 PM »
Was it the one called "My PI?" (Meaning the math. number 3.14....)

Offline Tadeschi

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 08:17:55 AM »
Yes, "My Pie and "My PI" may be the same as they used the Greek letter for 3.14... as part of their logo. Does anyone have the recipe for "My Pie" deep dish pizza???

Offline icemncmth

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2007, 07:44:40 PM »
actually My PI wasn't a chicago style pizza it was more Sicilian Style. You can read all sorts of recipes in the Sicilian section.

Offline gns67

• When in Austin, TX try Mangia Chicago style pizza
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2008, 12:09:15 AM »
Is anyone familiar with a pizzeria in Chicago named "My Pie"? Years ago there was a branch near the college I attended in Oklahoma. Best pizza I've ever eaten. If you have any knowledge of "My Pie" please let me hear your thoughts and comments.

thanks,

My Pie was some good pizza, a real stoner's delight.  But if you really wanted to get serious, and seriously stoned, you headed to the Royal Chessman in Wilmette.

pizzapan