Author Topic: My latest Lehmann dough - Chicken, Feta, BBQ, Scallion  (Read 1253 times)

Offline BigMike

• Eat, Drink and Be Merry
    • The Hungry New Englander
My latest Lehmann dough - Chicken, Feta, BBQ, Scallion
« on: March 06, 2007, 03:04:22 PM »
Since becoming a member of this site back in the fall, I have been testing out a number of different combinations using the Lehmann calculator.  It wasnít until my most recent batch that I was truly pleased with the result and wanted to share.

I have been using an old gas oven with which I have lined the bottom rack with unglazed quarry tiles.  For a while, I was cooking the entire pizza on the tiles.  Unfortunately, I was overcooking the bottom by the time I got the top as brown as I would like it.  The bottom would be hard and chewy.  Average cooking time was about 8-9 minutes at 500-550 degrees (still donít know how accurate it is).  More recently, I began moving the pizza to the upper rack at the top of the oven after about 6 minutes.  I would cook the pizza for the last 2 minutes, to get a nice browning.  This was an improvement, but it wasnít until I cleaned out the old broiler oven drawer, that I began to get optimal results.  The below pic is my most recent pizza.  It cooked roughly 5-6 minutes on the tiles, and 30-45 seconds to brown up in the broiler.

My sauce consists of Cento tomatoes, fresh basil, grated Romano cheese, olive oil, sugar, salt and cracked pepper.  I topped with chicken, feta, scallions, a motz/prov blend, and drizzled with bbq sauce prior to baking.  When I pulled it out I drizzled with a little EVOO and sprinkled with some more scallions. 

My dough is as follows (I used GM Harvest King Flour and Canola Oil):

Flour (100%):          993.25 g  |  35.04 oz | 2.19 lbs
Water (60%):           595.95 g  |  21.02 oz | 1.31 lbs
Oil (1%):                  9.93 g | 0.35 oz | 0.02 lbs | 2.13 tsp | 0.71 tbsp
Salt (1.5%):              14.9 g | 0.53 oz | 0.03 lbs | 2.67 tsp | 0.89 tbsp
IDY (.25%):              2.48 g | 0.09 oz | 0.01 lbs | 0.82 tsp | 0.27 tbsp
Sugar (0%):             0 g | 0 oz | 0 lbs | 0 tsp | 0 tbsp
Total (162.75%):      1616.51 g | 57.02 oz | 3.56 lbs | TF = 0.1
Single Ball:              269.42 g | 9.5 oz | 0.59 lbs

I want to thank you all for helping me get to this point.  I hope to share some more pics as I go forward.  In looking through the site, I didnít see a place that just has pictures.  Does one exist?  I know that the pics are embedded into the posts, but didnít know if there was just a gallery of photos somewhere.  Anyway, hereís my latestÖ.

pizzapan