Author Topic: Inspiration, creativity, and exploration  (Read 961 times)

Offline amishland

• I Love Pizza!
Inspiration, creativity, and exploration
« on: March 08, 2007, 02:24:48 AM »
Thanks goes out to all members of this forum for the tips and recipes that help make great pizza. ;D

The knowledge I have gained here has helped me produce a quality pizza at home that has my young adult children 18, and 22 raving about. :chef:  Makes me feel pretty good.

Cooking has always been a passion, and pizza is one of my favorites. ;D

Here is where I have evolved to......

Dough: I've played around, experimented, and am really hooked on MWTC's "Poolish-Based Dough Recipe".  It is easy to make, and the dough rounds are great to pull out of the fridge when one wants a pizza. I've found 5-10 days to be no problem on storage.  I'm on my 3rd batch.

Sauce: 6 in 1 ordered directly from Escalon were a revelation in taste when using Novembers' microwave enhancement method for the herb addition to the sauce.

Cheese: I've been using the Polly-O mozzarella blocks from Costco, and various experimental combinations of grated grocery store stuff, and deli "supposedly fresh" mozzarella balls. ::)

I am happy with the dough and sauce, but the cheese is where I'm feeling the need for improvement. ???

Research on cheese making at home lead me down many paths, and has inspired me to try it.  The only thing that stumped me was the availability of proper milk.  Reviews and instructions all recommended raw or pasteurized,  milk

Well, I found a great dairy that sells raw milk less than 20 minutes from house, WOOOOPPPPEEEE! ;D  So I am anxiously awaiting the rennet and other supplies from the New England Cheese Making Co. that I ordered.

My digi-cam will be be back soon, so I will hopefully post a pick of my mozzarella adventure. :chef:

Thanx again to all on this forum for their efforts and contributions.

Offline RoadPizza

• Mozzarella Addict
Re: Inspiration, creativity, and exploration
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 05:20:19 AM »
Cheese: . . .Research on cheese making at home lead me down many paths, and has inspired me to try it.  The only thing that stumped me was the availability of proper milk.  Reviews and instructions all recommended raw or pasteurized,  milk

Well, I found a great dairy that sells raw milk less than 20 minutes from house, WOOOOPPPPEEEE! ;D  So I am anxiously awaiting the rennet and other supplies from the New England Cheese Making Co. that I ordered.

You're probably going to try this:

http://www.cheesemaking.com/includes/modules/jWallace/ChsPgs/1Mozz/Index.html

Have you seen this recipe for mozzarella?

http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Cottage/1288/hard/mozz.htm
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 05:22:48 AM by RoadPizza »

Offline grovemonkey

• Let's do it.
Re: Inspiration, creativity, and exploration
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 07:25:45 AM »
that is the coolest website I've ever seen.  Thanks for the cheesemaking information.

grove

pizzapan