Author Topic: New pizzamaking website  (Read 4060 times)

Offline focus27

New pizzamaking website
« on: March 11, 2007, 07:46:12 PM »
Hi everyone,

I made a pizza website today. I have made pizzas for 20 years and I am revealing all the secrets on this site. These pizzas taste like real stone oven pizzas. Check it out and let me know what you guys think.
w w w.thebestpizzaintheworld.info
Martin

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
Re: New pizzamaking website
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 07:59:29 PM »
I have no idea whether your site is any good. On my monitor the background is dark green and the text is black. What little text I could make out had many typos:

here is a secret  not to have to wait for the dough to grow for hours.  Put 2 tea spoons of baking powder into the dough mixture  before you blend it all.  The pizza will have a slightly different taste and texture but will still compare to the absolutely best stone oven pizzas. You won´t probalby se the difference.

Really?

Bill/SFNM

Offline canadianbacon

• DoughBoy
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 08:38:06 PM »
here we go again.....  :angel:
Pizzamaker, Rib Smoker, HomeBrewer, there's not enough time for a real job.

Offline focus27

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 08:43:37 PM »
Ok, thanks.
I will check the spelling and fix the colors. On my screen it looks good. Always good to get feedback!

Offline varasano

• Seeking perfection
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 11:36:17 PM »
up until now I never knew the secret. Now I feel like god has spoken to me and revealed the light.

Offline grovemonkey

• Let's do it.
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 04:05:47 AM »
I've never heard of baking soda added.. that's kind of interesting.  I wonder if someone with a chemistry background or knowledge of it's affects on dough could talk about that.  I could just try it. 

If I had to refer someone to an authority on pizza making in home setting, I'd probably refer them to this website first and then give them the links of other pages that talk about pizza making.  I'd probably tell them to buy american pie by the Peter R.  I like that book.  You've got some spelling errors so I'd throw your page into WinWord and check for spelling mistakes.  (sause, for example should be sauce) (cant should be can't) 

In fact, I'd just take it down and instead say something like..

WANT TO MAKE THE BEST DAMN PIZZA IN YOUR HOME OVEN?   GO HERE -->  www.pizzamaking.com 

That's it, that's all you need..  :)

grove

Offline November

• Come for the food. Stay for the science.
    • Uncle Salmon
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 05:50:22 AM »
I've never heard of baking soda added..

Neither have I.  You've got a little spelling error of your own going on.  Baking powder is what's mentioned on the site.  If you're wondering about the addition of baking powder to pizza dough, there are several threads on this forum that discuss it.  Just search.

Jeff, I think your pretense is a good match for Martin's ostentatiousness.

- red.november

Offline grovemonkey

• Let's do it.
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 07:08:41 AM »

Don't you think my web idea is good though?

grove

Offline SemperFi

• Getting there, slowly but surely
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2007, 11:45:04 AM »
Weird!  The first post says that his name is Martin, go to  http://www.topix.net/forum/food/pizza/TER8IS2JRG9JLQSU6
and his name is now Robert.

Weirder!  Hand making dough for 1 pie takes an hour to knead? Are you using prosthetic hooks?  No offense to our challenged brothers and sisters out there that may have them.

Huh?  I quote..."The freezer will do great also. This will make the pizza dough more CHEWY."
                   I can personally attest that this tip does not work on this planet, possibly Martin/Robert lives in a special place?  Like in "My Cousin Vinny"  his grits cook faster in his house.... :-D

And those spelling errors, Good Lord Man.  If you are putting one of your two names on it, you have to spell check it
Adam

Offline canadianbacon

• DoughBoy
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2007, 12:28:41 PM »
Can you say "con job" ?

First off, I don't admire people who join a pizza forum or any other type of forum to announce their own website.

It's like walking into a bakery and yelling out to all the customers that you have a new bakery next door.  It just ain't right.  I am on plenty of forums that are much more strict than this, and the guy would be banned right from the get-go.  I find it actually extremely
rude posting his website such as the person did.

The funny part is this, most of these guys doing this, don't have the finess, or know-how to do this correctly.. I.E. join the club,
become a member in good standing and every once in a while you slide your website name in somewhere, and try not to make it
too obvious.  I guess the guy did absolutely NO homework either, and has no clue that THIS website is now considered the "Bible" of pizza making technique, etc, for us amateurs and pros alike.

As for the names, both of them are prob not even his real name anyway.

Weird!  The first post says that his name is Martin, go to  http://www.topix.net/forum/food/pizza/TER8IS2JRG9JLQSU6
and his name is now Robert.

« Last Edit: March 24, 2007, 12:31:14 PM by canadianbacon »
Pizzamaker, Rib Smoker, HomeBrewer, there's not enough time for a real job.

Offline SemperFi

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2007, 12:52:22 PM »
First off, I don't admire people who join a pizza forum or any other type of forum to announce their own website.

The funny part is this, most of these guys doing this, don't have the finesse, or know-how to do this correctly.. I.E. join the club,
become a member in good standing and every once in a while you slide your website name in somewhere, and try not to make it
too obvious.  I guess the guy did absolutely NO homework either, and has no clue that THIS website is now considered the "Bible" of pizza making technique, etc, for us amateurs and pros alike.

Know what the red flag is on this one, there is no humble nature shown.  Peter shows humility, how he strives for a better pizza, for all of us.  He could be a Pied Piper and announce his own Pay per View website, and probably have a decent following. But instead, he displays his triumphs, his less than decent failures (no offense).  This forum is like file sharing, its not how well I do in my trials, but how many people we can assist on the way.  And November, who has more knowledge, patience (in his research) and thoroughness than I could ever hope for, still shows humility, though I do chuckle at some of your "barbed" responses. Anyhoooooo, just wondering November.....the addition of baking powder, doesn't this make it more of a quick bread (Bisquick like), I was always taught that you "stir to incorporate only" when making this type of dough, and more and you get a dense product.  As of yet, I haven't read the other threads identified about using B.P. in a pizza dough, but am headed there now.  Adam
Adam

Offline November

• Uncle Salmon
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2007, 02:48:34 PM »
the addition of baking powder, doesn't this make it more of a quick bread (Bisquick like)

Sort of, but sometimes it's not added just for "quickness" but instead for texture.  Some people like the texture of biscuits, but also like the flavor of yeast.  A good example of its application is on a breakfast pizza.

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,4355.0.html

- red.november

Offline SemperFi

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2007, 02:54:16 PM »
A good example of its application is on a breakfast pizza.

Now on a breakfast pizza that type of texture actually does sound very appealling.  Question November, I understand the influence that temperature, ie freezing, has on yeast....but will it affect baking powder too?  Like if I wanted to make breakfast calzones that are prefrozen.  I would think that since it is double acting, it would not affect the rise or oven spring cycle. Adam
Adam

Offline David

• What’s So Funny ‘Bout Pizza Love and Understanding
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2007, 03:46:58 PM »
I have made pizzas for 20 years and I am revealing all the secrets on this site.

Come on now............I think you're holding back on a few gems of wisdom ? :'(
If you're looking for a date... go to the Supermarket.If you're looking for a wife....go to the Farmers market

Offline November

• Uncle Salmon
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2007, 03:49:25 PM »
Adam,

Double-acting baking powder will not be affected by freezer storage.  It's just a combination of chemicals, so there isn't anything that could "die" in the colder conditions.  In fact, that's why most commercial "rising crust" frozen pizza includes a special kind of baking powder to augment the rising action.

- red.november

Offline abatardi

• It's MOOPS!
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2007, 12:33:28 PM »
wow...so stay below 680 degrees, *roll* the dough out, and then take the heated stone out of the oven and prep the pizza right on it?  That's what I've been doing wrong...

I'm sure the no salt option tastes great also.  Will have to try all these points and see if I can set myself back 8 years.

- aba

Make me a bicycle CLOWN!

Offline shango

« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2007, 10:04:38 PM »
 ???

there are SECRETS!?...

:o
pizza, pizza, pizza

Offline Ebony

« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2007, 08:28:40 PM »
Does someone here have a GOD complex. 

I came here and THIS SITE is an answer to my prayer.  I think I'll make my own mind up to the best site. The people here are wonderful.  They have helped me tremendously.

Offline elsegundo

• Shakey's not stirrred
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2007, 07:15:46 PM »
Baking powder and soda are not new.  If you made box pizza in the 1960s you probably had some. Some commercial premix that contain yeast also contain commercial baking powder. Baking powder provides a distinct flavor some people like. Not me. But as the French say, Shotgun on Sue's goose. It also reacts with acid.  Which is really good if you insist on a Tablespoon of yeast. That should produce some acid.

So nothing much new except way too much yeast and baking powder.

So if you miss the old pizza in a box, here is your chance.

Pizza god with a website? Join the club with those at PM... oops almost engaged in some Tomfoolery. 

Now on my upcoming website I prove:

Frozen pizza is better than fresh:

Cheese: frozen pizza cheese has been aged much longer than home cheese. Supermarkets are able to age the cheese up to two years developing the unique cheese texture.

Sauce:  with flash freezing, the spices are preserved.  In home preparation the spices are lost to the tomato.

Crust:  home prepared crust has but one use and that is eating. Frozen pizza is what Alton Brown calls a multi-tasker.  Some fresh pizza dough has been allowed to sit until it develops a slightly sour flavor. Not in frozen.

Toppings:  many frozen pizzas are able to achieve a special visual blending.  It is a mosaic where meat and sauce are joined in a culinary embrace. Fresh pizza toppings are frequently discrete. The sausage, for example, retains its separateness, displaying a harsh pictorial contrast to the sauce.

This month we should return to our roots, and slide one in the oven. No cookie sheet or pizza stone required for frozen.  In fact the microwave works just about as good as the oven.  Not even possible with your fresh pizza.
  In fact it is foolish to waste your time on fresh when frozen pizza can stack so well in the freezer.

So let's make this beginning of April the start of tombstone pizza.

Offline Paul03

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2007, 01:46:24 PM »
This new site is a joke, right? :o :angel:
« Last Edit: April 05, 2007, 01:47:57 PM by Paul03 »