Author Topic: a different take on bromate  (Read 6193 times)

Offline November

• Come for the food. Stay for the science.
    • Uncle Salmon
Re: a different take on bromate
« Reply #20 on: March 27, 2007, 06:19:56 AM »
grove,

I had no intention of getting into explicit details on that point, as this is not that kind of site, but the whole point was about avoiding "external" treatment for pretty much anything.  Aside from what is implied in the statement about risky physical activities, there is also the goal of no broken or fractured bones, no torn ligaments, no nerve damage, no blunt trauma, no deep puncture wounds or severe lacerations, etc. from activities that are physical in the classic sense.  There's no point in listing examples of what I avoid because I think most people already know what would be on that list.

I realize that in America especially, not subscribing to the notion of doing whatever feels good is foreign to a lot of people.  Still, I was a little surprised by your dog analogy in light of the statement I made specifically to address that line of thinking: "my life is by no means boring."  I don't think I can stress enough just how not monotonous my life is.

"First, I've never met anyone who has not at least tried or engaged in some of the above activities, especially taking medicine."

Although not in person, now you've met someone.

- red.november

Offline grovemonkey

• Let's do it.
« Reply #21 on: March 27, 2007, 09:10:19 AM »
November,

Thanks for the reply.  I only make reference to my dog because he lives his life abstracted from most physical pleasure (which I initially thought was the case but doesn't seem so apparent from your follow up post) and is forced to gain pleasure from things like sitting in the sun and licking his balls (toy balls).   I don't think he is bored, I can imagine you are not either.  Personlly, I don't always associate monotony with boredom,  monotony represents a type of therapy for me.  Hand kneading dough, although monotonous, has a theraputic element that I really appreciate also.   

Beyond this, what fascinates me even more is the idea of trying to avoid physical risks and external treatment.  I don't know why you would do this and the reasoning must be basic (maybe a mormon denomination or something) if you've been doing it for a long time.  Discussing it in detail wouldn't be appropriate through this forum, even though my fascination has the better of me.

grove

Offline November

• Come for the food. Stay for the science.
    • Uncle Salmon
« Reply #22 on: March 27, 2007, 01:44:27 PM »
grove,

I always associate monotony with boredom.  You would think I had AADD with as many different things I'm involved in.  I do consider variety to be the spice of life.  That's why when it comes to food, I have three basic dishes I eat most of the time, but I also have a lot of dishes that are ethnic in origin from around the world.  I really enjoy traditional cuisine from places like Greece, India, and Germany a lot, so I'm never bored with the monotony of American-Italian staples.

"what fascinates me even more is the idea of trying to avoid physical risks and external treatment. I don't know why you would do this and the reasoning must be basic"

And I don't know why anyone would want to experience physical injury and external treatment.  Pain, expensive doctor bills, expensive medication, and downtime from other things one enjoys in life are reasons enough for me.  I don't think someone is right in the head if they actually want to get hurt.  This is coming from someone who has a high pain threshold too.  If for some reason you need to further understand why I don't desire to be laid up in bed with illness or injury, message me, because this wasn't meant to be a thread about me.  I only used myself as an example because I understand my background more than anyone else's.  I'm sure there are many others who live life similarly.  After agriculture and before modern medicine, lots of people figured out how to live healthy lives.

- red.november

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2007, 01:14:44 PM »
I have also been using all trumps in a blend.  I just visited penn mac this weekend, and asked them if they could ever stock the non-bromated all trumps (gold medal does have a line of this!).  They told me to call the corporate buyer..  just tried today, but he is out for the rest of the day, will try again ...

Just visited pittsburgh and I found out that the penn mac in the strip does not carry it, but their other warehouse does.  You may want to call them back and tell them this!