Author Topic: Cedar Valley Cheese  (Read 1301 times)

Offline pizzaJoe

• Supporting Member
  • Pizza, mmmmmm!
Cedar Valley Cheese
« on: April 03, 2007, 10:30:59 AM »
Anyone ever use Cedar Valley Cheese, specifically their provolone?  Opinions?

Apparently it's readily available in SE PA where I first tasted it.  I was back east visiting family.  My sister had picked some up from the local Altomonte's deli.  I didn't get a chance to ask her at the time but only remembered to email her after I got back out west.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find it locally.  Fortunately, they ship (www.cedarvalleycheesestore.com)!   :D  You have to call them though.  I have no affiliation with them, I just think their provolone kicks butt, way better than Grande's provo!  Mix it with some Grande mozz and you have one killer pie, no other toppings necessary!   :chef:  Funny, I believe they are located just a short distance from Grande...  Must be something the cow's like about that area of the world.   :-\

Having said all that, with shipping (as can be expected) it is a bit pricey.  It starts at something close to $4/lb plus $8 shipping put it just over $5/lb.  However, shipping was quick!  I called them Monday AM CA time and when I stopped home for lunch on Wed, the postal carrier puffed up to my front door, box o'cheese in hand.   :P  The (apparently?) hand made carmel candies packed in with the cheese were a nice touch too...   :-D

I'll probably only use it for special events because of the cost, and also since they won't ship year round (can't guarantee fresh delivery during the summer).   If you can get your hands on it, try it!
PizzaJoe