Author Topic: Pizza Hut  (Read 3277 times)

ThePizzaBaron

Pizza Hut
« on: August 04, 2004, 07:21:38 PM »
ok, ive been working at Target for the past couple weeks now, in the Food Avenue, and it has a Pizza Hut Express, so we make Personal Pan Pizzas and Breadsticks, and its interesting how we make the pizza dough.

First, we take the empty pans, put them on the prep table with stacking discs under them, oil up the pans a little, and then, we take frozen flat discs of pizza dough, and put them in the pan.

Then, we put them in the freezer for like a day, so they thaw, and then we put the whole shelf of them into the proofer which is right next to the fridge, we put them in there for like an hour.

Then, we take them out and their all risen and stuff, we make like 70 pans of dough at a time, ive done all of a them on a few occasions so far.

If any of you guys or gals have worked at a pizza hut or a store with a Pizza Hut express in it then you know what im talking about.

Offline Foccaciaman

• ou812
Re:Pizza Hut
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 11:16:00 PM »
Hey Baron got any clue as to what kind of seasonings you put on your breadsticks. ;D
Ahhh, Pizza The Fifth Food Group

Offline mama mia

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2004, 02:11:59 PM »
please!! look at the breadstick seasonings and list what spices are in it!! BTW I was a waiter at pizza hut in highschool, and I can remember the guys doing that (proofing the frozen disks) in the back... the pan pizzas are 100% oil.  :P  *If I only cared back then to read the spices in the breadstick seasonings....  >:(

ThePizzaBaron

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2004, 07:58:17 PM »
while at work today I looked at the box that the bags of breadstick seasoning, there are things in it that I doubt people can easily get their hands on, but one of the next times im not busy, and alone, I will write it all down.

Offline Foccaciaman

• ou812
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2004, 02:11:07 AM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Ahhh, Pizza The Fifth Food Group

Offline mama mia

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2004, 10:42:03 PM »
 ??? ??? ???

did you get the goods?? lol

Offline Rich

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2004, 10:13:56 PM »
I worked at a Pizza Hut in 1993-94.  For a while they had a pizza called Smokehouse, if I remember right.  We shook on an awesome spice mix onto that pizza and I started to use it on my Pizzas when they discontinued it!  I never saw it again. :'(

I love the breadstick seasoning.  I'll use that on pizza too, especially on Pizza Hut's pan pizza.  

Yeah, we squirted a lot of oil into those pans!  The hand tossed wasn't oil like that, it was a phony oil type spray can.  I think the same for the thin.  Still, I really like the oily taste of a Pizza Hut pan pizza if not too heavy on the cheese, and if it is nice and crisp on the bottom. ;D

Offline pizzabill

• Pizza Maker's journal
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2004, 05:07:00 PM »
Rich,

Welcome to the board! I worked at a Pizza Hut in PA from 1989 to 1993 and I still remember all of that oil caked on everything! Fun stuff.

-Bill
Pizza Maker's Journal -
http://www.PizzaManiac.com/

ThePizzaBaron

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2004, 01:27:35 PM »
damn those Target people!

I got fired! and before I got a chance to write down the contents of the breadstick seasoning.  >:(

BUT, there is this girl who works in there that I worked with, sometime I could probably go up there and talk her into writing it down for me, or just give me the box the bags come in, I have my ways  ;)

Offline Rich

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2004, 10:39:25 PM »
You got fired? :o  How?  Maybe someone is watching this board! ???  

I think I have found a good answer to our breadstick seasoning problem!

I went to Costco Wholesale and found a seasoning called Johnny's Garlic Spread.  It's not a "spread" but a dry mix that smells and tastes VERY close to Pizza Hut's seasoning and you might say it's better!  Go get it!!! :D
« Last Edit: October 08, 2004, 10:40:21 PM by Rich »

Offline Lars

• Greetings from Venice.
    • Lars in Venice
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2004, 07:20:37 PM »
I'm not sure what Pizza Hut uses, since I have been there in eons, but I make my own garlic butter (recipe in link) and use that for seasoning toast, croutons, and I even spread it on pizza dough.  I generally bake the pizza dough for a few minutes before adding toppings, and I spread it with garlic butter right after the first baking.

Offline THECHITT

• I Love Pizza!
Re: Pizza Hut
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2006, 10:57:18 PM »
wow i still did not see the recipe so..............here it is..... :chef: :-D ::) 8) 8) 8)........4 tablespoons-parm cheese.....3 tablespoons garlic powder :chef:.....1 tablespoon onionsalt :-D.....1 tablespoon oregano................... :-D :-D :chef: :chef:that is it..pretty simple ;D