Author Topic: Pie Cost?  (Read 1134 times)

Offline Naps

Pie Cost?
« on: April 07, 2007, 01:04:45 PM »
Does anyone have a website or know a specific dollar amount on how much it costs to make an individual pie? Using the recipe: I can't figure out how to attach prices to each ingredient.

2 1/2 cups flour
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 oil
Starter ( NO IDY)
7 ozs of sauce
Pinch of Romano
1 to 1 1/2 cup of mozz

Any ideas will help

Jonathan

Offline chiguy

Re: Pie Cost?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2007, 01:46:58 PM »
 Naps,
 If you look under the shop talk section on the site there are a few discussions of pizza cost. I think it may be easier to break it down between dough, sauce and cheese, its all relative too you're food costs?? How can we help with this question without knowing this??  And also use ounces to measure the cheese for more accuracy.
                                                         Chiguy

Offline DWChun

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2007, 01:48:29 PM »
It would depend on the costs of the ingredients you use. The flour cost, for example, is going to vary depending on what kind of flour you use and from what company you purchase it from. The same goes for the other ingredients. Once you get the prices down for each ingredient, it should be a matter of dividing the cost by the amount for the single pie and then adding them together. It should come to cents per pie for the less costly ingredients like the flour.

Offline Garlic head

• I need Garlic to survive
    • WKevin.com
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2007, 01:55:00 PM »
I did a quick calculation for this myself. For a typical 12" pepperoni pizza, it came to about $4 per pie. If I really sat and put it all together, I think it would probably come out a little lower than that. I know what I used to spend on pizza delivered and I know that I'm saving BIG bucks now, and the pizza is better.  :chef:

Offline marty

• Supporting Member
  • searching for knowledge
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2007, 09:52:28 PM »
It all depends on the cost of the ingredients. Some things are a large variation of cost Ex. Cheese; is it great lakes or grande. $1.80 lb or $3.00 lb

I have a program to break it all down for you if you give me the cost of each ingredient.

Marty

pizzapan