Author Topic: Going directly to a specific message number is that possible ?  (Read 3213 times)

Offline canadianbacon

• DoughBoy
Hi guys,

Let's say you have a website topic and it has a 100 pages, but you want to go to a specific
message number, say 483

is there a way to get to that specific message ?

Thanks for any help.
Pizzamaker, Rib Smoker, HomeBrewer, there's not enough time for a real job.

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
Re: Going directly to a specific message number is that possible ?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2012, 12:56:25 PM »
No, at least I haven't seen something like that. I've seen forums that have a page thing where you can put in the page number you want to go to but not the specific reply number.

Offline canadianbacon

• DoughBoy
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2012, 12:58:46 PM »
Hi BrickStoneOven

Thanks for the reply. I thought perhaps I was just blind and didn't see an option for it.

okie dokie, thanks for the info.

Offline Bill/SFNM

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2012, 02:53:10 PM »
This may be what you are looking for. Each post has a link which is contained in the icon pointed to by the arrow in the image below. You can bookmark that link for future reference or  copy and paste that link into a message. Does this help?
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 02:55:13 PM by Bill/SFNM »

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2012, 05:05:38 PM »
Bill I think he's talking about going to a specific post directly when your on a certain page instead of going through all the pages. Something like this http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=168495 if you look next to the "last page" button there is a drop down arrow that lets to put in a page number but instead of a page number he wants a post number.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 05:12:57 PM by BrickStoneOven »

Offline canadianbacon

• DoughBoy
« Reply #5 on: April 23, 2012, 09:41:02 PM »
Hi Bill,

Not exactly what I wanted, but this is a great post, as I did NOT know this existed on our site.  Thanks for your post.

This may be what you are looking for. Each post has a link which is contained in the icon pointed to by the arrow in the image below. You can bookmark that link for future reference or  copy and paste that link into a message. Does this help?

Offline canadianbacon

• DoughBoy
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2012, 09:43:01 PM »
Hi BrickStoneOven ( can't believe I'm talking to an oven but here goes )  :-D

Yes, this is what I was thinking - exactly.  It's a beautiful feature to have - however, if the software does support it, then that's the end of it.  Great feature to have for sure.

Glad I asked, because Bill showed me something I didn't know about.

Thanks gentlemen.  :chef:

Bill I think he's talking about going to a specific post directly when your on a certain page instead of going through all the pages. Something like this http://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=168495 if you look next to the "last page" button there is a drop down arrow that lets to put in a page number but instead of a page number he wants a post number.

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 09:41:40 AM »
Mark,

You might want to take a look at this recent thread that was posted after yours: http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,19942.msg195496.html#msg195496. I believe that you have to start with the top of a page (where the first post appears on the page, and where there is the html and post number), enter a new post number, and from there you can make a "jump" within the thread, at least on my computer. I found that I could not start with a given post below the first one on a page and make the jump from there. Also, the jump takes you to the top of the page in which the target post is located, not directly to the target post.

Peter