Author Topic: Best Naples-Style in Orange County, CA  (Read 2086 times)

Offline Paladar

• Margarita with argula, please.
Best Naples-Style in Orange County, CA
« on: April 13, 2007, 08:15:56 PM »
Looking for a Naples-style pizzeria in Orange County. Preferably with a wood-fired oven (but this is America and we can't have everything).

I saw postings for Nick's, Haus of Pizza and Al's New York Cafe but none of these talked about being Neapolitan-style.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
Re: Best Naples-Style in Orange County, CA
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2007, 09:35:41 PM »
that might be an impossibility.

Offline JPY

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2007, 07:22:00 PM »
I dont't know of any places in Orange County that have Naples-Style pizza.  There's the Wolfgang place in Downtown Disney, but I have not been there.  I think it's called Naples Ristorante e Pizzeria.  But I do not see him doing true Naples Pizza. He's into his own thing. Maybe Romeo Cucina in Laguna Beach, they have a wood oven at least.
-JP-

Offline sumeri

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2007, 09:26:03 PM »
I don't know of any places in Orange County that have Naples-Style pizza.  There's the Wolfgang place in Downtown Disney, but I have not been there.  I think it's called Naples Ristorante e Pizzeria.  But I do not see him doing true Naples Pizza.

I hate to admit this, but the place in Downtown Disney is not bad.  It's called Naples 45 and we decided to hit it up after taking my kids on rides all day (I figured I could write the trip off as a R&D trip!).  I have to admit I was not expecting much after I saw their oven.  It is enormous and gas fueled.  They use Caputo flour and good tomatoes.  I have to say it was better than I expected.
My wife and I really want to move back to LA.  I will have to get all you SoCal peoples ideas on where I should do a pizzeria napoletana.  Right now I am thinking Pasadena area or maybe Studio City, but we will see.
Any ideas?

Offline JPY

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 02:49:54 AM »
That's Funny I was born in Studio City.  And lived there for about 25 years. Many sushi Restaurants and Edward Van Halen.  Albano's (Brooklyn style) and Cioti, the original CPK guy, are there.  Rent is pretty high however.  Especially on Ventura Blvd.  I know that area very well. 
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 02:53:07 AM by JPY »
-JP-

pizzapan