Author Topic: Happy pizza for me and my girlfriend today  (Read 665 times)

Offline PizzaAlaJoey

• I feel a carb-coma onsetting.
Happy pizza for me and my girlfriend today
« on: December 29, 2013, 06:51:56 PM »
Turned out ok, could be much better. What do you all think?

Details: fermented four days, 63% hydration, 1% oil for stretch and fold (done every ten minutes for an hour), 1% salt, KABF. I cut the thick style pizza  dough I had in half for this actually so it's kinda sloppy measuring everything. I used the 6 in 1 tomatoes and I think they are a bit too much and sweet for my liking in this style. I like the idea of just uncooked super finely blended canned plum tomatoes better.

Offline PizzaAlaJoey

Re: Happy pizza for me and my girlfriend today
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 06:55:19 PM »
Wow that top picture didn't come out right at all. I should probably invest in a dedicated camera. Haha.

Offline chickenparm

• Oh No,Not Pizza Again!!!
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2014, 10:37:16 PM »
 :pizza:

Its a great job! Btw,I stopped using oil in my doughs. I just use water,flour yeast and salt. They mix in the bread machine for a few minutes,then I ball them and put away into plastic bowls lightly oiled for a fridge rise overnight or two..If I want same day pizza,I use warm water, a bit more IDY yeast,then after mixing,ball the dough,put into plastic bowl,covered and let rise in kitchen for 3-4 hours.Not as tasty but works great.The dough rises fast and gets huge!

If the dough does a cold overnight or two fridge rise,let it warm up near a warm stove or kitchen 2-3 hours before use,it will be very easy to open and have risen a bit more since then.Oil makes it more extensible,but if you are doing folds,you might be making the gluten develop too much.With my method,if I use oil,the dough becomes so extensible,If Im not careful an 18 inch dough ball can turn into a 22 inch disc ina matter of seconds when shaping it.

-Bill

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2014, 10:47:36 PM »
I think it looks faaaar out Joey...especially that undercarriage. Good job.  :chef:
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline PizzaAlaJoey

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2014, 10:56:52 PM »
Thanks, I have noticed it kicks back a bit with the stretch and folds some. It works good enough for now. I figure letting it sit in he fridge relaxes the gluten. Correct me if I'm wrong. This isn't where I want to be in pizza but this has been some of the more satisfying pizza making for a while now. Ps. Making for balls at once makes life a lot easier. 8)

pizzapan