Author Topic: Your Pie  (Read 627 times)

Offline Mmmph

• Lifetime Member
Your Pie
« on: February 23, 2015, 09:08:48 AM »
http://www.yourpie.com

Four doughs
Eight sauces
Nine cheeses
Thirty four toppings

I haven't eaten here, but I find this concept to be slightly disturbing.

Am I a pizza snob? Is there such a thing as too much choice?

Sono venuto, ho visto, ho mangiato

Offline TXCraig1

• Craig's Neapolitan Garage
Re: Your Pie
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2015, 09:11:46 AM »
It's not my pie.
"We make great pizza, with sourdough when we can, commercial yeast when we must, but always great pizza."
Craig's Neapolitan Garage

Offline Don Luigi

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2015, 10:17:51 AM »
Classic quantity over quality dilemma! And yeah, Italians have had their big influence on food culture because Italian food (pizza being the prime example) glorifies the beauty of the simple dish and the quality of the ingredients are on top of the list for Italians . Something I doubt is easy to realize with the sheer number of ingredients here. Give me the UPN concept over this any day!
On a neapolitan pizza journey with Wood fired oven Pizza Party 70x70
My Pizza

Offline derricktung

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2015, 07:32:50 PM »
But if you look at the last few years of trend, this is what the people want.  Chipotle isn't hugely successful because they dictate what their customers eat... same for Subway.

My original concept for a quick service lunch restaurant was exactly something like this, but with rotating special ingredients...  That's until Blaze dominated the market with the Levy group, and Paulie became my mentor...

There's definitely a market for this kind of pizza, but the quality definitely isn't there.  But not everyone is willing to pay for a quality pizza, and sometimes just want to spend $10 or less for a pizza topped with the kitchen sink.  Your average person (including my grandfather, and mother) doesn't know/taste the difference between a Pizza Hut pie and a woodfired proper Neapolitan... and others that can, may not care to pay the difference in cost. 

Just like all foods (sushi, steak, etc.) there will be differences in quality based on who's serving it, and what level of effort they're willing to put into the final product. 

If I'm ever in those areas, I'd give it a try though... probably only after I've tried the pizzerias that are higher quality based though...  :pizza:

« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 07:45:16 PM by derricktung »

Offline JohnnyQuest

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2015, 07:38:31 PM »
I like the concept, but I like variety. Can't speak to the quality, haven't tried it. 

Offline Iowamcnabb

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 11:43:06 PM »
Can't speak to this place but this style is starting to catch fire :P here in the Midwest.  Unfortunately every one I've tried so far has been mediocre at best.  Greatest nation in the world (opinion) but we can't get food right.

Offline derricktung

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2015, 07:32:23 AM »
Can't speak to this place but this style is starting to catch fire :P here in the Midwest.  Unfortunately every one I've tried so far has been mediocre at best.  Greatest nation in the world (opinion) but we can't get food right.

I don't know that i agree with that... there's plenty of great restaurants that get food right.  It's just quick serve chains like these don't have a focus on high quality great food.

Offline Iowamcnabb

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2015, 02:05:03 PM »
I don't know that i agree with that... there's plenty of great restaurants that get food right.  It's just quick serve chains like these don't have a focus on high quality great food.

I was referring to those quick serve chains, should have specified.  The focus is on scale-ability and not on product.  They eat up what's left of the market that businesses like yourself would otherwise fill.

Offline Mad_Ernie

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2015, 10:28:22 AM »

I agree, it is catching fire here in the Midwest, and so far I am unimpressed.  Here is another one that uses the same type of concept.  We have eaten there once.  I found the pizza to be way too bland.
www.piefivepizza.com/

-ME
Let them eat pizza.