Author Topic: Rambo Pizza, It's time to Lock and Load!  (Read 2923 times)

Offline Villa Roma

• In search of the ever elusive leopard spots!
Rambo Pizza, It's time to Lock and Load!
« on: April 29, 2007, 08:56:29 AM »
Rambo, your mission, as an elite, special forces pizza maker, is to make a pizza comprised entirely of whole wheat flour. Let me remind you that others have tried before you and failed miserably, paying the ultimate price with their lives. Not only must you use whole wheat flour but for this mission you must use whole wheat graham flour. This is a coarsely ground flour and you will have to keep your wits about you if you intend to complete the mission successfully. We have the utmost confidence that you will succeed and as always, the fate of the pizza making nation is in your hands. Good luck and may the pizza gods be with you.

Wow, thatís some heavy responsibility, so weíd better get started! First of all this pizza is not for whimps, so if youíre feeling a little queasy then you might want to get lost and go have a good cry on your mommyís apron.  If you canít stand the heat, get the hell out of the kitchen cause we're gonna crank up the heat!

For this pizza recipe I borrowed the old marching theme from the military, Hut, two, three, four. I used Ĺ tsp. of yeast, 2% salt, 3% oil, and you guessed it soldier, 4% sugar. For the flour I used 100 % Hodgson Mills whole wheat graham flour, nothing more, nothing less. I used a hydration level of 67% with 1/3 of the liquid being comprised as milk. I made a preferment the night before and I must emphasize that this is very important as it eliminates the bitter taste associated with the use of WW flour.

How does Rambo maintain his highly chiseled physique? He eats whole grains and lean meats, exactly the kind of ingredients found in Rambo pizza. Hey, they donít call him the Italian Stallion for nothing! But donít take my word for it, check out the pics!

Villa Rambo....I mean Villa Roma
« Last Edit: April 29, 2007, 01:28:29 PM by Villa Roma »