Author Topic: How much Protien do I have total after I mix these up?  (Read 1209 times)

Offline Wazza McG

• Aussie Aussie Aussie .... Oi Oi Oi !!
How much Protien do I have total after I mix these up?
« on: April 30, 2007, 11:53:50 PM »
Hi,

I couldn't work out how the VWG calculator could do this - can anyone help?

Vital Wheat Gluten   30. g - 3.7%
Flour - Soya Bean    54. g - 6.67%
Flour - Laucke (11.9% protein)   720. g - 100%

All of the ingredients are Aust. products and this is all the detail I have on them - I would like an approximation.

Thanks in advance,

Wazza McG
Fair Dinkum - you want more Pizza!  Crikey ! I've run out out them prawny thingymebobs again!

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: How much Protien do I have total after I mix these up?
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 12:15:32 AM »
Wazza,

I think we will need to know which of these soy flours you are using: http://www.nutritiondata.com/foods-soy%20flour000000000000000000000.html. As you will see if you examine the different soy flours in detail, the amounts of protein can vary from one form to the other. Similarly, we will need to know which brand of VWG you are using, since different brands contain different amounts of protein. If I had to guess, you are perhaps using a different brand of VWG than we have available in the U.S.

Peter

Offline Wazza McG

• Aussie Aussie Aussie .... Oi Oi Oi !!
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 03:08:34 AM »
Pete,

For the Soya flour ( Kialla Organic Soya Flour) - the Nutritional Information on the packet says - Protein 40g per 100g.

The Gluten flour was generic with a label on it stating 75% Protien.

I did a search on the net and could not find anything else.  Both packets have the Nutritional Information on them.

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Wazza McG

Edit - is the answer 16.14% ? - I just did some further math of my own - and 14.42% Gluten protein ?
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 03:18:10 AM by Wazza McG »
Fair Dinkum - you want more Pizza!  Crikey ! I've run out out them prawny thingymebobs again!

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 11:38:52 AM »
Edit - is the answer 16.14% ? - I just did some further math of my own - and 14.42% Gluten protein ?

Wazza,

I got the same answers (22.5 grams of protein for the VWG, 21.6 grams of protein for the soy flour, and 85.68 grams protein for the flour, or 16.14% of the total weight of the three ingredients and, in the case of only the VWG and the flour, 14.2% of the total weight of those two ingredients).

Peter