Author Topic: Forni Cirigliano  (Read 11662 times)

Offline November

• Come for the food. Stay for the science.
    • Uncle Salmon
Re: Forni Cirigliano
« Reply #40 on: May 07, 2007, 08:57:18 AM »
November cares with facts and good representation, without having ever used one he thinks he can extrapolate all the info from few measurement... What a miss..

I wouldn't call it a miss as that is what I do for a living.  You can consider me an expert in that area as much as you're an expert with wood ovens.  I can not fault you for trying, but the facts didn't add up.  This is the basis of my concern.  I'm still ready and waiting to thank you for the dimensions of the ovens if you ever come by them.  If you're right, you're right.  If you're wrong, well, we all make mistakes.

I struggle to see the difference with an home electric oven... and this is someone talking about wood ovens.....

No need to struggle, Marco.  I haven't posted any pictures of a wood-fuel baked pizza because I choose to present pizzas that are attainable by the majority of people on this forum.  I have great respect for those like Bill who post pictures of wood-fuel baked goods, but I'm an overly-practical person with not a lot of time or wood to spare.  I reserve the wood I have for special occasions.  As a side note about working in a chain restaurant, I didn't always follow the rules when it came to making pizza for myself or friends.  It isn't like I only made pizzas one way for the duration of my employment.

I am looking forward to Shango's recounting of his first day at work with this oven.

- red.november

Offline artigiano

« Reply #41 on: May 07, 2007, 12:51:17 PM »
ok this is where I step out of this conversation, I am not looking for an argument.  I said what I have to say, and I have respect for Marco just wanted to point certain things.

Offline shango

« Reply #42 on: May 07, 2007, 10:51:15 PM »
Well,
As I said in my first post any info is appreciated, (be it subjective or objective).
And I thank you all for your input.

Now, no need to argue anymore. 

I started work today.  The oven is still awaiting a flue.  It has been very difficult for my employer to get the necessary permits, but, the flue should be in by next week's end.

I did get to look the oven over real well.  Interesting that the chimney is in the front, not really even in the oven.. It's kind of outside the mouth and just goes straight up..
I imagine this does suck out a lot of the heat.  Time will tell.

Also, the dome inside is kind of high and it does flatten out at the very center of the ceiling.

All in all I think it will be an improvement over the woodstone I was using at 2amys, but possibly not as good as a real forno napoletano, (don't know for sure as I still have never used either).  My gut instinct doesn't usually steer me wrong, however.

I am unsure as to how much info I will be able to give in the future as I was required to sign a confidentiality form.

Maybe if I just don't tell you where I am working it will be okay to post comments and pics..

pizza, pizza, pizza

Online Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
« Reply #43 on: May 07, 2007, 11:28:50 PM »
Maybe if I just don't tell you where I am working it will be okay to post comments and pics..

Edan,

I would read the confidentiality agreement very carefully before doing that. Or else get permission for what you would like to post. I am constantly amazed at what I have been able to learn about people and places via the internet.

Peter

Offline November

• Come for the food. Stay for the science.
    • Uncle Salmon
« Reply #44 on: May 07, 2007, 11:40:14 PM »
Shango,

Was the day mainly filled with paperwork and tours, or did you get to bake any pizzas?

- red.november

Offline shango

« Reply #45 on: May 08, 2007, 09:57:56 AM »
November,

The day was actually filled with COOKING.  In the kitchen, far away from the pizza oven..I honestly don't miss the days of being a line cook.  Oh well, those days are back, for this week anyway.

Hope they get that flue finished quickly.
pizza, pizza, pizza

pizzapan