Author Topic: Today at Donna Margherita  (Read 7770 times)

Offline pizzanapoletana

• Pizza Napoletana as it was made in 1730!
    • Forno Napoletano - Pizza Ovens
Re: Today at Donna Margherita
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2007, 12:23:40 PM »
Not all dough will be suitable for that type of baking, some will be enanched, some would not.

Ciao

Offline pizzanapoletana

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2007, 12:29:11 PM »
hello again,

by the way, you replied to me about my question on what woodburning pizza oven to buy. i am a bit confused, i want to make neapolitan pizzas...what do you think about the brand mugnaini? i will get in touch with the guys you requested but still not sure what the brand of pizza oven you recommend. i want a modular oven that can pump out hundreds of pizzas a day.

thank you,

austin

I did not in fact reccomand any producer, I just advise you to speak to owners of restaurant that went the prefab or poorly built route and then had to do it all over again.

I am involved with a producer and do not have personal experience with the brand you are talking about other then feedback from others professionals I know.

Ciao

Offline roberto60

acunto oven
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2007, 08:24:39 AM »

Ciao Scott thanks  for came visit me last week sorry for my english I saw same message from una pizza napoletana  about acunto oven  i wont esplein i don't sell oven but i use for five years two oven from gianni acunto in pittsburgh my old place (regina margherita and roberto's pizzeria ) and i don't have any problem
the temperature was very  hot i cook the pizza betewen 45 second to 1 minuts  so i disagree whit una pizza napoletana acunto do oven for over 90 years
and mister gianni acunto send oven in america spain  a lot in japan i repite i don't sell any tipy oven ciao scott a presto

Offline grovemonkey

• Let's do it.
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2007, 09:24:35 AM »
please let me know any pizza places in japan where the ovens were built, if you know.  I want to see!

grove

Offline sumeri

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2007, 06:36:36 PM »
Here is one of many pizzerias in Japan that have an acunto oven.

http://www.ilmostro.jp/contents/index.html
Here is a list from the VPN website of all the VPNs in Japan.
http://www.pizzanapoletana.org/shownaz.php?n=Giappone
A large number of them have ovens from Acunto.
There are several oven makers you can look at from Napoli.  While I am happy with my acunto ovens, I have noticed some craftsmanship problems with both of them.  I am going to try out one of Marco's ovens next time I buy one.
I hate to sound like a broken record, but do not buy a prefabricated oven if you are trying to make pizza napoletana.
Mugnaini makes very good prefabricated ovens and if you want to make a northern italian style or good quality american style then it would be a good choice.  I believe Mugnaini are known as Valoriani in Italy.

Offline grovemonkey

• Let's do it.
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2007, 06:31:38 AM »
Fornzo Napoli in Tokyo is one of the best pizza shops I've ever been to, granted I'm not that familar with shops beyond Tokyo but for the city, it's actually worth the price.  They are up there on the list.  If you are ever in the city, it's well worth visiting.   Maybe I'll make it a goal to visit them all and see what kind of pies they are serving. :)

grove.

Offline pizzanapoletana

« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2007, 06:01:03 PM »
Acunto was an iron monger and there is record that prove that, they use to make metal parts for the ovens (door, flue, flue controls ets..) and only recently started produced oven.. please point us out to any oven made by them that old..... Any neapolitan true pizzamaker know the story....

Anyone that can read Italian will know what "officina mecchanica" means and that there is nothing to do with making ovens but to do with metal works...

Ciao and no offence.

Offline michaelf

« Reply #27 on: June 04, 2007, 06:03:09 PM »
Hey Pizza Napoletana

I have a friend that's mad about pizzza visiting London for the next few days, where is Donna Margherita?  Do you have a street address?
Thanks.

Offline PizzaPolice

• Supporting Member
  • WFO-Where Art & Physics meet - Heat is the Arbiter
« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2007, 09:44:04 PM »
http://www.donna-margherita.com/indexbis.html

183 Lavender Hill, London, SW11 5TE, UK -

+44 20 72282660

Offline steampie

• mmm.....pizza
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2007, 04:50:42 PM »
We had a great meal at Donna Margherita a few weeks back.  Fantastic pizzas, and the people are very friendly as well.  Highly recommended, we will be back again soon....I just wish that I had one of those ovens at home!

Offline pizzanapoletana

« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2007, 12:31:40 PM »
We had a great meal at Donna Margherita a few weeks back.  Fantastic pizzas, and the people are very friendly as well.  Highly recommended, we will be back again soon....I just wish that I had one of those ovens at home!

Their chef is good too and I love many other dishes. My favourites are the beef filet and all the Porcini dishes...

Offline roberto60

« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2007, 09:46:53 AM »
 reguard the acunto oven i just spoke whit mister gianni this morning and i ask same question  wen they start make this cane oven hi tell mi. over 40 years ago last yers hi produce 100 oven and send 60
 oven in japan  I  asked  if is company  send oven in england is answer was no  hi esplain tomi that hi sell a lot door  to  uder person that bilt oven and trhe door as is name
  for the pizzafest i disagree that not rapresent  the neapolitan pizza
  pasquale parziale, gaetano da ischia ,tha salvo pizzeria and many uder pizzerie and pizaiuoli they are in the top in the world
 sorry for my english  ciao   

Offline pizzanapoletana

« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2007, 12:41:25 PM »
Roberto,

Do you know Gianni have a brother that run a different company (the one that produced the pizzafest ovens).

So where are those 40 years old oven then? Why none of the original 12 VPN pizzeria in Naples have a Gianni Acunto oven (only one has the brother one, few years old)

Why are we talking about England? The oven in England was falling down had an Acunto door but had been built by another company (which went bankrupt but the guys behind had few further ventures started as far as I know). If you can please make every effort to talk to the owner of Donna Margherita in London ( 001144 20 72282660) he will tell you who built his old oven and what problem he found. You may be surprised to hear that.

Ciao

reguard the acunto oven i just spoke whit mister gianni this morning and i ask same question  wen they start make this cane oven hi tell mi. over 40 years ago last yers hi produce 100 oven and send 60
 oven in japan  I  asked  if is company  send oven in england is answer was no  hi esplain tomi that hi sell a lot door  to  uder person that bilt oven and trhe door as is name
  for the pizzafest i disagree that not rapresent  the neapolitan pizza
  pasquale parziale, gaetano da ischia ,tha salvo pizzeria and many uder pizzerie and pizaiuoli they are in the top in the world
 sorry for my english  ciao   

Offline roberto60

« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2007, 02:06:39 PM »
I Marco  i don.t understand what you mean  about gianni acunto brother  but in january you tell that my new oven don't be acunto  i wont just tell that gianni acunto is not just officina mecanica
but hi is very good aetisan for make oven for neapolitan pizza and tell this for coook for five years whit two acunto oven and i am so happy that if i have chance i will buy tomorow another acunto oven

Offline pizzanapoletana

« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2007, 07:59:21 AM »
I Marco  i don.t understand what you mean  about gianni acunto brother  but in january you tell that my new oven don't be acunto  i wont just tell that gianni acunto is not just officina mecanica
but hi is very good aetisan for make oven for neapolitan pizza and tell this for coook for five years whit two acunto oven and i am so happy that if i have chance i will buy tomorow another acunto oven

Hi Roberto,

I think we would be better off discussing this in Italian and somewhere else as we moved away quite a bit from the original Topics of Donna Margherita pizza.

As far as I know you had the oven built by someone else (I was told and could agree by looking at the pictures) at your new place and the guys at Donna Margherita in London may have some info for you on that subject.

regarding Acunto, yes they are not only an "Officina Mecchanica" nowadays, but they were only such a thing until recently, and that makes a difference...

You talk about the guy being an Artisan? Fine but Himself doesn't build the oven does and hi has two employees that follow an "industrial" type process in  a small workshop. The artisan that I know, work with and have worked with in the past, build the oven themselves, by hand and only within their family members as helps... The guys that built Spaccanapoli ovens or the master that built Il Pizzaiolo new oven are such a thing.

Please feel free to send me a message in Italian by clicking on the "omino" under my avatar picture on the left if you wish so.

Ciao
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 08:01:08 AM by pizzanapoletana »

pizzapan