Author Topic: A Mano Ridgewood NJ  (Read 23400 times)

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
Re: A Mano Ridgewood NJ
« Reply #80 on: August 04, 2012, 12:10:21 AM »
Seriously John, I had to stop and look what thread I was on.....those sure look a lot like yours.   ;)
"Care Free Highway...let me slip away on you"

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #81 on: August 04, 2012, 12:19:55 AM »
BOB thanks for the kind words. A touch softer dough ball and deeper finish. the little mobile is much more work to produce something close. I have 3 more years of profit sharing with my company, and I do believe it may be off to NC for ??? By then lots of transplants will be planted. Where do you think Neapolitan might work there ? do you think anyone would eat this stuff?  Asheville ? Rahleigh? any place else I should consider ? Not that I would ever consider opening, Just curious   ;D
John
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #82 on: August 04, 2012, 08:43:22 AM »
Hey John,
Yes, I believe the whole State, in fact, is ripe for some NP pie. And, particularly, if one located within one of the 4 or 5 largest cities they would do well.
I don't know what your history is with NC but I'll post a couple links here just for fun.
Chapel Hill is a solid college town with money to burn...food savvy,cosmopolitans in a Southern gentile setting. Ashville, tourism mekka of the State along with several seaside towns out East on the coast (lots of golf there ;)). The Hill and Ashville are know as a couple of the last few "Woodstock" cities left in the U.S. Artist driven culture, many events always going on laid-back, charming.
Like I said, you would do well here....it's just a matter of choosing the city to match the lifestyle you enjoy most. I think it's a really fine State in that all these different settings are within weekend drives to be able to explore and enjoy. Hope this helps a 'lil..

Bob
https://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&q=pizza+in+asheville+nc&fb=1&gl=us&hq=pizza&hnear=0x88598ca93c0f6f09:0x94ef31c106343a5d,Asheville,+NC&ei=lw8dUOruFIX48gTA1oHADA&ved=0CNUBELYD

https://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF-8&q=pizza+in+chapel+hill&fb=1&gl=us&hq=pizza&hnear=0x89acc31c216e7ea7:0x7f03bae00443e4cb,Chapel+Hill,+NC&ei=iBAdUNm8DYmE8ATv_oHgDg&ved=0CN4BELYD

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #83 on: August 04, 2012, 09:04:50 AM »
Nice Bob Thanks for the tour! I understand from others that NC is quite tough on the mobiles but I would really like to keepo that going strong. I like the Asheville vibe being from NH for some time The Fresh place is cool but not sure why they chioose to show so many pictures of their dishes, glasses pans...  :-D some good pizza shots might help ?
Chapel Hill also quite cool ! both are loaded with chain Pizza ?
I will be touring soon !! Will talk to Carlo and see If he will part with one of the Amano ovens !
John

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2012, 09:38:43 PM »
Needed a bag ofCaputo for this weekends Gig Yes I am still going !
so off to Amano for supplies. As  I approach my mouth drools , I shake some hands shed my coat and bam behind the table to make my own Margherita!! These guys are so good to me its really great to be welcome and trusted.
I stretched the 2 day old dough which in some way just feels softer than mine? then cooked the pie and timed it at 1min.-36 sec on the nose.  about 40 seconds  of it off the floor.  The  time was about  1:30pm  so oven was nice and hot just added 1 log for that Lapping fire. I also inquired about the floors, and noticed they are in great condition! Freddy told me they  had both been replaced 1 time so far,  they broke it up in small pieces to get out and removed the whole front plate to get the 4 new pieces in. Gentle power as described I know now after a few pies here how lucky Craig is to have a similar oven where you dont fry the bottom and the whole pie comes out with a balanced cook.
Heres My lunch ! Pounded the whole thing with ease !!
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 09:40:47 PM by JConk007 »

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #85 on: November 15, 2012, 09:46:59 PM »
Oooooo...cheesy looks quite pleasy. Excellent work there Mr. Amano...er, I mean Mr. Conk!  Nice that you are treated so well there at your friends pizza parlour.   8)

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #86 on: November 15, 2012, 10:01:53 PM »
They pull the cheese there , and it does seem  to come off in clumps while eating its chunked not torn, as I do. Oh -Yes they dont usually use so Much but hey If you have your hand in the cookie Jar and  If your  eatin it  :P
Carlo the owner did show up when I was done eating and commented on my lunch partner  a bag of caputo sitting accross from me  ;D wish I had  grabbed a picture of that!
he has an abundance of the classic brass oliera cans .5l I can get for around $35 if anyone wants one I can send it out for you.
John
« Last Edit: November 15, 2012, 10:04:39 PM by JConk007 »

Offline Jet_deck

• Supporting Member
« Reply #87 on: November 15, 2012, 10:07:45 PM »
......5l I can get for around $35 if anyone wants one I can send it out for you.....
John

I already got mine John, I can't wait to get good enough to remember to use it. :-D
Her mind is Tiffany-twisted, she got the Mercedes bends

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #88 on: November 16, 2012, 10:22:21 AM »
 john, that pizza looks delicious next visit we will meet at amano's i would want you to make my pie. do you know how they prepare the finished cheese?

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #89 on: November 17, 2012, 12:29:35 AM »
Glad to make your pizza Larry would be an honor
There is a video from an old visit from Esposito a few years back of how they do the cheese
Haven't seen me do it since but I will ask when they are doing it next an go check it out
John

Offline thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #90 on: November 17, 2012, 09:16:17 AM »
 john, i have seen that video.what i was hoping you could tell me was how the cut it for their pizza?

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2013, 07:24:01 PM »
 Needed a neo fix  after spending the week in Utah with 0 good Pizza ! So went to see my Friend Freddy  for some Amano 2 fer 1  Magic!   :P
Here they are ! Oven and dough were Dialed in for sure ! was made on sunday.  Freddy did 4 pies at a time in 1:54 Magic ! which I realized  I should have video taped  for you all. (Weemis)  ;) Says he has done 6 and 7 one shot .
Each one was perfect! as I watched the dance of the pies! The Sausage and Brocc Rabe (mine) was 1 of the 4, other is a Truffle sauce which got some proscuitto tamatoe was dressed with Arugula and sliced Parm
Light and  fluffy soft cornicione,great flavor. Freddy Invited mee out back and  I went to watch and help eat some of the fresh pulled Mozz. they were working on as well.
YUMME
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 07:42:27 PM by JConk007 »

Offline widespreadpizza

• my beer store opening in june 2011
« Reply #92 on: January 29, 2013, 08:28:19 PM »
John,  pies look good real good except for the cheese.  Why do they put titanium dioxide in curd?  it looks so unnatural.  What is that polly o curd?  -Marc

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #93 on: January 29, 2013, 09:01:33 PM »
They had the curd in bus buckets and I could not locate the bag to see what they are using  for Curd ?
Titanium who?
I grabbed a smalll fresh ball ping pong size at it warm tasted great !
when do I start to glow ? :-D
John

Offline widespreadpizza

« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2013, 10:01:32 PM »
John,  here are the ingredients in polly o gold  says all natural...  not saying the stuff is THAT bad for you,  but it looks horrible,  but the food companies think thats what people want...  hell arsenic is natural right?  Food companies kill me haha! 

Pasteurized Milk
and Cream, Vinegar,
Titanium Dioxide
(color) and Rennet
Refrigerate at all times
32F-40F. For best
quality, do not freeze.
If opened and partially
used, discard plastic
and rewrap

enter8

« Reply #95 on: January 29, 2013, 10:43:24 PM »
TiO2 is also the white in many toothpastes ;)

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #96 on: January 29, 2013, 10:45:23 PM »
They had the curd in bus buckets and I could not locate the bag to see what they are using  for Curd ?
Titanium who?
I grabbed a smalll fresh ball ping pong size at it warm tasted great !
when do I start to glow ? :-D
John
All of your happy go lucky 007 guy pics already show that you are glowing....you golden man!!  8)

Offline widespreadpizza

« Reply #97 on: January 29, 2013, 10:57:58 PM »
TiO2 is also the white in many toothpastes ;)

its not in my toothpaste!

Offline Chicago Bob

• Lifetime Member
  • Easy peazzy
« Reply #98 on: January 29, 2013, 11:01:30 PM »
its not in my toothpaste!
Now wait a minute here...lemme go take a look..... :o

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!