Author Topic: A Mano Ridgewood NJ  (Read 22255 times)

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning

Offline TONY

• I Love Pizza!
Re: A Mano Ridgewood NJ
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2010, 10:36:53 AM »
Marco,

I noticed these ovens vent in the back, whereas the small residential ovens vent in the front.  Do all Italian ovens vent in the back like this one???

Tony

Offline jimd

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizza!
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2010, 11:34:45 AM »
I know that Marco will respond directly, but I think that the oven vents up-front, and the venting duct (between the oven dome and the outer shell) bends backward so that the chimney is in the back, which makes the oven look like it has the oven vent itself in the back.

jim

Offline TONY

• I Love Pizza!
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2010, 11:47:34 AM »
Jim,

I kinda thought that, but wasn't completly sure.........thanks

Tony

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #64 on: May 25, 2011, 08:12:46 AM »
My Amano Monday
It was 2 for 1 day and since I could not bake because I was working on my AARK! I stoped in for the real deal  :P
I ate 1 pie then asked for 1 to go they made that then the ticket came up and they made another so it was 3 for 1  ;D  sorry Carlo They really have it dialed in here at Amano . Very Consistent! Last pic is the one I devoured!! boxes were para casa! They Let me mess with the dough a bit , was very wet 100% caputo. Pics below made the pies shown.
John
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 08:14:20 AM by JConk007 »
I Love to Flirt with Fire! www.flirtingwithfirepizza.com

Offline dellavecchia

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #65 on: May 25, 2011, 08:39:05 AM »
My Amano Monday
It was 2 for 1 day and since I could not bake because I was working on my AARK! I stoped in for the real deal  :P
I ate 1 pie then asked for 1 to go they made that then the ticket came up and they made another so it was 3 for 1  ;D  sorry Carlo They really have it dialed in here at Amano . Very Consistent! Last pic is the one I devoured!! boxes were para casa! They Let me mess with the dough a bit , was very wet 100% caputo. Pics below made the pies shown.
John

John - Do you know what the bake time is on these pies pictured?

John

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #66 on: May 25, 2011, 08:41:43 AM »
Pies look tasty John.   The dough looks very much like Keste's dough.  Do you know if this is cold fermented at all or is it CY and long slow room temp ferment as Roberto does? 

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #67 on: May 25, 2011, 01:06:19 PM »
Yes looks very similar to Keste and will probably look like Starita too!  I think around  70-80 seconds and a good amount of spinning and he domed it (Lifted) for a good 10 sec to finish it.  I should have timed (next time) I watched them make all 3 of them.  He told me 260G for the 12" .The dough made day before so I assume is 22-26 hr room temp. by 1 pm, they use cake yeast. and 100% caputo.  In speaking with Frank from Vesta who trained with Roberto to my suprise he teaches a 6 hr rise dough ?
John
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 01:11:56 PM by JConk007 »

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2011, 01:16:57 PM »
Thanks John, I'll give it a shot this weekend.  8)   Was there any crisp to the veneer at all or was it pretty soft?  Any crispness to the bottom initially or soft as well?  Any wetness like the Da Michelle pies?

Offline BrickStoneOven

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #69 on: May 25, 2011, 04:48:19 PM »
Is it me or does their dough always look like it's on it's last leg. How was the pizza you took home after it cooled down?

Heres a close up of their dough. It's at Marco's Coal Fired pizza in Denver.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIjvMFkqAkQ&amp;feature=related" target="_blank" class="aeva_link bbc_link new_win">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIjvMFkqAkQ&amp;feature=related</a>
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 04:50:29 PM by BrickStoneOven »

Offline pizzablogger

« Reply #70 on: May 25, 2011, 08:55:25 PM »
Is it me or does their dough always look like it's on it's last leg. How was the pizza you took home after it cooled down?

My thoughts exactly.....some of the balls in the proofing tray look like they are overfermented.
"It's Baltimore, gentlemen, the gods will not save you." --Burrell

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #71 on: May 25, 2011, 10:28:15 PM »
I agree almost blown! Chau soft bottom but very little gum line not wet. This pic from a while back shows what I think it should look like? but what do I know? sure tastes good! If I was not able to study the proofing boxes one would never know. They cut them out, then pinch the corners together flip it over  then start the opening process.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 10:31:01 PM by JConk007 »

Offline Jackie Tran

« Reply #72 on: May 25, 2011, 10:53:45 PM »
Is it me or does their dough always look like it's on it's last leg.

This explains some of the heavy leoparding and the relatively small amount of rise in the rim. 

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2012, 11:00:34 PM »
 I had a client working accross the street from Amano what an excuse ! not that I need an excuse  to go here Heres the lunch pie and the to go Marghetia hey Its amn expense account right spot on again! dough a little less blown and nice and quite great chance to speak with the Pizziaolos

Online scott123

« Reply #74 on: March 29, 2012, 11:05:46 PM »
John, you've had probably countless lunch and dinner pies at Amano, right?  The dough balls for lunch are the same as for dinner, correct?  Are the lunch pies inferior in any way? Are you able to detect vast differences in fermentation between lunch and dinner crumbs?

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #75 on: April 26, 2012, 10:24:19 PM »
CheckAbove reply 64 I am working on my fermentation as I am allways so impressed by the product at Amano  heres my Amano dough clone wanna guess the time ?
amano is the last pic
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 10:31:28 PM by JConk007 »

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #76 on: April 26, 2012, 10:28:29 PM »
 my Reply 71 dough as above-   well just short of! FYI this is about 20 hrs at room temp 60 prior to the last post
again Amano dough last pic.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 10:34:28 PM by JConk007 »

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2012, 11:25:09 PM »
A wonderful lunch today at Amano AGAIN!
I have no  gig this weekend :(  so I stopped in to feed my addiction to at my favorite Neapolitan Pizza stop . I am also able to purchase some seriously good DOP Smoked Buffalo Mozzarella. Thats just my excuse to go in an  shoot the breeze with the pizziaolo's eat great pizza,and hang around those beautiful ovens. Nice and quite 1 pm and only 1 table service. perfect ! Well this time was even  better!! I have gotten to know these great guys Freddy, David, and Bob and I often show them pictures of what I am doing... They know my story and Passion for this stuff and appreciate my enthusiasm so when the I asked if they minded if I make my own they said sure ! YES  :chef:
I jumped, I had my hands in the dough square doughball withing seconds, and whipped up 2 pies a  margherita 1st and witha choice of the topping bar I did a favorite for me  Brocolli Rabe and sausage. The dough was very soft softer than what I am used to and stretched out with ease. I loaded on the peel  freddy launched and I baked it up in the real deal ! I could feel the power and heat  of this large oven as I gently lifted to check the bottom after just 20 sec. Then much to freddies suprise I  one handed the peel and spun her a few times then  to the dome few more quick spins and out to the plate. well under 90 sec.  WOW this was really  cool !! Somehow I felt a step above the 1000s of pies I have made in the mobile ? and I now know how lucky craig is to have this type of professional oven in the garage. there IS a HUGE difference in the way these things cook!!  I could easily get used to this  ??? I think  after about 25 I would have it down pretty well. at least good enough for people to purchase and eat. A Few of the waiters came by to see what was going on an make a few comments ( all Good) The second pie was just as nice. I needed to keep it much smaller as this dough easily stretches on the launch peel. Some much fun!! Yes its still fun for me !! I ate 1/2 of each and grabbed a few pics WHA LA! THANKS  GUYS !! I'll be back !
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 11:31:09 PM by JConk007 »

Online thezaman

• Lifetime Member
  • I Love Pizza!
    • lorenzos pizza
« Reply #78 on: August 03, 2012, 11:40:01 PM »
nice work john,those pies look delicious. the sausage and brocolli rabe is my favorite at amano. you may want to see if they need  some help so you can hone your already good skills.

Offline JConk007

• Vendor
  • Lovin my Oven!
    • Flirting with Fire
« Reply #79 on: August 04, 2012, 12:02:32 AM »
Thanks Larry,
Great ovens! These guys are there 60 + hrs a week ! only off wednsday, so I am looking to book some wed.  mobile parties for sure ! I wouldnt mind sitting in the hot seat  a few nights for sure !

John