Author Topic: 15" DKM dough --> 10" DKM dough  (Read 1568 times)

Offline Peterubers

15" DKM dough --> 10" DKM dough
« on: June 01, 2007, 12:14:29 AM »
Hi all,

I am letting my first DKM dough rise right now in the fridge, but I made it as per the main menu recipe (15" x 2" deep dish pan ingredients/quantity).

I have a 10" cast iron skillet that I'll be using, --> using basic math (A = pi * r^2), I deduced that I roughly have to split this dough into two portions to have the appropriate quantity for the 10" skillet.

I, however, have very limited baking experience (but a very extensive tasting/eating experience -- as do we all, I imagine!) So if someone wouldn't mind letting me know if there is a more precise way to determine how I should portion this dough i have in the fridge such that it'll be the right amount for a 10" skillet, I would very much appreciate it.

BTW -- this forum IS AMAZING .. and I'm just .. besides myself .. to find so many people dedicated to perfecting a food that I find to be my favorite .. chicago style deep dish (particularly lou's, gino's, due's/uno's etc)

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: 15" DKM dough --> 10" DKM dough
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2007, 12:48:28 AM »
Peterubers,

Go to this page, http://www.pizzamaking.com/dough_tools.html, and click on the link for the Deep-Dish Pizza Dough Calculator tool. The tool will also work with cast iron skillets. You will need to enter the baker's percents and a thickness factor, which is 0.1329 for DKM's recipe on the recipe page, as well as other information as instructed by the tool. You might also want to read up on the tool by clicking on the link at the end of the brief description on the abovereferenced page.

Peter

pizzapan