Author Topic: Bread with Ischia Starter  (Read 1809 times)

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Bread with Ischia Starter
« on: September 03, 2010, 07:14:28 AM »
I used the Ischia starter that was incorporated into the Lehmann dough, to make this bread.  The formula is at:                                 

http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,11700.msg108007.html#msg108007

I had made the formula above and had two dough balls.  One dough ball was used to make pizza on Tuesday and the one I used yesterday was made into bread.  After I had mixed the above formula the dough was left to bulk ferment, before I balled the dough.  The dough ball from that formula was left to cold ferment for 4 days to make the bread.

The bread tasted a lot different than the pizza, when using the same formula and using different bake temperatures.

Pictures below

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!

Offline Jackie Tran

Re: Bread with Ischia Starter
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2010, 08:18:23 AM »
Norma is that a ciabatta bread or just pizza bread.  It looks very airy, light, and moist.  Very nice job.  Did you ever make this bread before you had the ischia?  Did you notice the flavor difference?

Chau

Offline norma427

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
    • learningknowledgetomakepizza
Re: Bread with Ischia Starter
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 08:35:20 AM »
Norma is that a ciabatta bread or just pizza bread.  It looks very airy, light, and moist.  Very nice job.  Did you ever make this bread before you had the ischia?  Did you notice the flavor difference?

Chau

Chau,

I donít know what kind of bread this is, but it was made out of the pizza dough ball I had leftover.  I just took the dough ball out of the plastic container, lightly floured it, put it on unbleached parchment paper, let it warm-up for a little over an hour and baked on my pizza stone on the parchment paper at 375 degrees F for about Ĺ hr.  It did turn out moist.  The leftover slices are still moist today. In my opinion, I really like the flavor.  It doesnít have a sourdough flavor, but the flavor of this bread is complex.

I tried making other breads before, but not a lot.  The Ischia starter and the long cold ferment seemed to make this Ischia dough bread better.

Thanks for saying nice job.  :)

Norma
Always working and looking for new information!