Author Topic: insulatd fire birck  (Read 1784 times)

Offline artigiano

insulatd fire birck
« on: June 04, 2007, 03:07:39 PM »
I am not sure if my first post went through last week but I cant find it.  Anyway, I bought what I thought was firebrick through a company that deals with thermal ceramics and it turns out it is insulated firebrick.  The quality is very good and they will get nice and hot but they are too fragile and they can dent easily.  Now I am in the process of trying to get the company to exchange it because I  specifically told them of what the bricks are used, my woodfired oven.  They suggested these bricks but to go with the High Strength and that is what I did, unfortunately they had to be ordered in and I wasn't able to view them at first.  One of the reason the company is battling with me for them to take it back is because I ordered specially made floor tiles 12" x 12" and 3" thick.  What they told me are tiles are acutally bricks mortared togethor and then cut into tiles.. not a solid mass.  Anyway, just looking for some advice if anyone knows what I can do?  If they take back the tile and not the insulated fire tile can something be cast over the tile to prove a durable enough surface?  any suggestions on any of these issues would be greatly appreciated!  I am still trying to arrange a meeting with the owner and sales man who sold me the brick

thanks to everyone!
al

Offline artigiano

Re: insulatd fire birck
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 03:06:43 AM »
well I am not sure if anyone is wondering.. but I sorted things out with the company and they are taking back the old brick and I have ordered the proper firebrick.. thanks for letting me vent.. ciao

Offline captcook

Re: insulatd fire birck
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2011, 07:42:57 AM »
Hi,

Insulated fire-bricks are just that - for providing insulation between the hot fire-bricks and any external layer that you propose to put over the firebricks. In fact the insulation bricks should only get hot on the surface exposed to the heat and not allow heat to be radiated easily to the other end.

Hope above will help.

captcook