Author Topic: Trying to find a picture in a thread.  (Read 1000 times)

Offline Musky

Trying to find a picture in a thread.
« on: October 05, 2007, 08:58:05 PM »
If I remember correctly, in a discussion I once read on this site, there was a thread talking about Grande Mozzarella being used in some famous NY pizzerias.  I remember someone posting a picture of pizzas being made in one of these restaurants, and there was a tub of Grande mozz. in plain view.

Am I nuts, or is this somewhere on the site?  I was reading a discussion on another site about NY and NJ pizza and I think the participants are way off base when talking about cheese.

I'd love to chime in, but would like proof before I start making claims about the greatness of WI mozzarella cheese.

If anyone remembers this and can point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.

Kevin

How about those Packers?

Offline Pete-zza

• Lifetime Member
  • Global Moderator
  • Always learning
Re: Trying to find a picture in a thread.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 11:22:16 PM »
Kevin,

I think what you may have in mind is a photo or video taken in DiFaraís in which a tub of the Grande fior di latte fresh mozzarella cheese is shown at Dom DeMarcoís workplace. Dom usually keeps the Grande cheese to his left where he assembles the pizzas. The problem you will have is finding the photo or video showing the tub of Grande fior di latte. It might be in a link in the DiFara reverse engineering thread but it might also be at the flickr.com website, You Tube, or eGullet.com, or sliceny.com. I made a quick check at flickr.com and found several photos of the white Grande tubs. This one is typical: http://www.flickr.com/photos/kathryn/1305868122/. You will see a clearer image of the Grande fior di latte tub at the Grande website at
http://www.grandecheese.com/products/Pages/ProductGroup.aspx?Level=1&ProductGroupID=4&ProductCategoryID=12&ProductSubCategoryID=8. Iím fairly certain that if you search around the various possible places that have taken photos or videos of Dom DeMarco you should be able to find a better and clearer photo.

Peter

Offline Trinity

• Extra cheese please!
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 09:45:19 AM »
Hey, Did they ever open again?
It's an Earth food. They are called Swedish meatballs. It's a strange thing, but every sentient race has its own version of these Swedish meatballs! I suspect it's one of those great universal mysteries which will either never be explained, or which would drive you mad if you ever learned the truth.

Offline Musky

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 11:41:45 AM »
Thanks, Pete.  That was above and beyond.  I was kind of stumped because I didn't even know the name of the pizza place.

Kevin

How about those Packers?

pizzapan