Author Topic: Southwest Florida-Where can I find good pizza?I recently moved here and can not  (Read 2462 times)

Offline Jeff

• I Love Pizza!
I recently moved here and can not find any decent pizza here.Of course I'm judging by N.Y.  and New England standards.HELP! I'm jonesing.

Offline pftaylor

• Life's Short. Get Wood Fired Up!
Jeff,
I travel to Fort Myers from time to time and have come up empty. I reside in Tampa and face the same problem. Hence my home pizza making efforts.

With access to all the pizza knowledge on this forum you have the ability to make restaurant style and quality pies in no time.

Give it a shot.
Pizza Raquel is Simply Everything You’d Want.
www.wood-firedpizza.com

Offline pizzaez

• I Love Pizza!
On Marco Island, try Bubalini's Cafe. It's owned by a Chicago guy, who comes from good blood lines, when it comes to pizza. It's just over the bridge, around the corner from Publix Grocery store. They've been there quite awhile, and the place is usually packed.

Offline steve in FL

• I Love Pizza!
I live in Palm Harbor (Pinellas County) and feel the same way.. a few places that I do like are Westshore Pizza, which is a Philadelphia chain.. and Mike's Pizza and Deli, on 49th Street in Clearwater..

Offline Papageorgio

• I Love Pizza!
I also live in Palm Harbor for two years now. Our Favorite restaurant is "Bernini's" in Ybor city. Worth the drive. Great Italian food AND they just happen to have a brick fired pizza oven. The pizza is very unique in that it is thin crust and seems to have corn meal in it making it very 'substantial' yet thin.

This is a very unique pizza and stands out of the crowd. This is truely 'gourmet' pizza at it's finest. Great place. We like the Wild mushroom pie.

BTW...Don't be afraid to go to Ybor for dinner. Interesting place. Though I am usually gone by 10:30.

Offline SemperFi

• Getting there, slowly but surely
Jeff,
I travel to Fort Myers from time to time and have come up empty. I reside in Tampa and face the same problem. Hence my home pizza making efforts.

With access to all the pizza knowledge on this forum you have the ability to make restaurant style and quality pies in no time.

Give it a shot.

Try Frankie & Johnny's on 3 oaks parkway in Ft Myers.  Its off the Alico exit.  Its in a shopping plaza near the park.  I think the store is called Kash n Karry.  Really good, lil pricey, very NYish.  Tell me what you think.
Adam

Offline PizzaPirate

• I Love Pizza!
Two good places are Amici's in Venice and Francesca's in Sarasota.  Both make good NY style.  They also make Sicilian but I have not tried them.

Lance

Offline othafa9

Its not in Southwest Florida, but when I lived down there in Fernandina Beach on Amelia Island, just north of Jacksonville, by far the best place around was "Moon River Pizza". Check it out.