Author Topic: 2 cheese mushrooms pizzas I made a few nights ago.  (Read 1817 times)

Offline grovemonkey

• Let's do it.
2 cheese mushrooms pizzas I made a few nights ago.
« on: June 19, 2007, 09:40:23 PM »
Here is a photo of some pizza I made a few nights ago.. one of these photos is a pizza I forgot about in the oven.. got real brown and crispy.  I hated it.  The first pizza was fantastic.  My wife loves the honey, salt, olive oil and this time I doubled up the yeast cause this flour I am using is a big pain in the butt.  I mixed this dough up my hand and ended up adding quite a bit more flour until I got a consistency that was good.  I ended up with two dough balls at 240g and 250g respectively.  These dough balls are prepared around 2 1/2 hours after mixed.  The first pizza was really good and I was using a cheap tomato and some shredded mozz. cheese.  I like to cook the mushrooms up in a little olive oil then put them on the pizza.  Probably one of the best crusts I've made using a same day rise, I'll give you the exact ingrediant amounts, if anyone is interested.

grove

Offline canadianbacon

• DoughBoy
Re: 2 cheese mushrooms pizzas I made a few nights ago.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2007, 10:16:26 PM »
Hi GroveMonkey,

Well, I have to say I like both pizzas, and the darker one looks very very good, if that's the one you left in too long
keep doing that, cause it looks really yummy.  I personally like the colour in the darker pizza more than the lighter one ( the
dough I'm talking about ( crust )

edit: and the cheese doesn't look burnt either in that darker pizza ( the last image I'm talking about )
Pizzamaker, Rib Smoker, HomeBrewer, there's not enough time for a real job.

Offline grovemonkey

• Let's do it.
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2007, 11:51:30 PM »
Thanks for the feedback.  I have found that when I let the pizza darken up too much that the overall flavor seems to decrease as my pizza gets harder (I end up with an overglorified pretzel).    Of course, it would be nice to get that color and have the pizza be light and crispy.  With my current set up, that's pretty difficult and I'm not even sure if that is my ultimate goal anyways.  I end up sticking with less overall browing but a better overall flavor and texture, especially when I am making my rushed same day dough.   Thanks for replying.

edit: that first pizza was in the oven for around 9-10 minutes and the other was in for about 14minutes fyi.

grove
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 11:53:26 PM by grovemonkey »

Offline pauliedog

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2007, 09:35:32 AM »
I'm interested in your dough recipe. Looks good!

Offline grovemonkey

• Let's do it.
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2007, 10:13:44 PM »
The recipe is
304 g of flour (I used a flour that appeared to have rye in it in that photo)
194g of filtered water
3g of honey and oil
7g of salt (up to 9g)
1/2 tsp of ADY - I use the dough within 2 hours of mixing.

mixed by hand or with a mixer.  doesn't seem to matter that much.

Here is another 2 pizzas made with the same recipe.  These pizzas are less than 12 inches..

Offline bolabola

• extra crispy please
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2007, 08:49:22 PM »
that looks really good grovemonkey..
how do you keep your cherry tomatoes from making your Pizza watery..do you add them at the last minute???
Pizza Rocks

Offline grovemonkey

• Let's do it.
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2007, 02:12:00 AM »
Thanks Bolabola,

I add them right with everything else.  You'll note that they tomatoes were not subject to too much heat.  My oven is around 250C as the max temp so those tomatoes don't cook down too much.  Maybe that was it?  I also cut the tomatoes about 5 - 10 min. before I put them on so they have a chance for the juices to drain. 

grove.