Author Topic: Pitta 00 in Japan  (Read 1130 times)

Offline grovemonkey

• Let's do it.
Pitta 00 in Japan
« on: May 25, 2007, 07:56:49 PM »
There is a VPN certified place in Tokyo/Chiba at the Disneyland in Tokyo (very close to it) called Pitta 00.  I went there last night to see what kind of pizza they are making.   Under the title there is a small catch phrase.. Naples Pizza and Grilled Food.   According to them, they use a blend of 3 flours for their dough and I got the buffalo mozz. pizza D.O.C just to see what it was like.  They do a number of different pizzas and they are basically a full course rest.  They did a Broad Bean (Soramame) risatto that was real good.  They are in season here so everyone is making dishes with them right now. 

As for the pizza, the tomato sauce was uneventful, cheese was ok, crust was exception and the overall preparation of the pizza was decent.  The pie cooked for about 90 to 100 seconds which to me meant the oven wasn't hot enough or the girl and guy working the oven weren't very familar with the oven.  The oven was definately running at top temps so i thought they should be pushing out a faster pizza.  I wish I got some photos to show you all.  Next time I go, I'll take my camera.  The interesting thing, and the reason I'll go back, is that the crust was really light and and wasn't as salty as other Nap. pizzas I've had here in Japan, it was also strikingly  less chewy than doughs made with pure caputo that I've had here in Japan.  I really want to know the flour combo they are using.

If you get a chance and go to disneyland in Japan you have to at least give it a try.  If you are ever in the area and need directions, let me know.

grove

Offline pizzanapoletana

• Pizza Napoletana as it was made in 1730!
    • Forno Napoletano - Pizza Ovens
Re: Pitta 00 in Japan
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 04:45:22 AM »
Grove,

I think you have mentioned Forza Napoli as a pizzeria you have liked in Japan.

I was recently in contact with the owner as he wanted to source a better oven then the one he currently got.

Do you actually live in tokio?

Thanks

Offline grovemonkey

• Let's do it.
Re: Pitta 00 in Japan
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 05:29:45 AM »
yep.. fornzo is about 30 minutes away from my place.. I know the location well..there is actually another place called Forzo (something) right down the road.. their pizza is markedly less impressive..  .  Fornzo does a lot of business and are always busy.. they also have an enormous variety of pizzas you can order so I can imagine they are keen on getting the best oven.  If you need any help let me know..

grove

pizzapan