Author Topic: Chris Bianco's tomato's  (Read 2232 times)

Offline allenstu

Chris Bianco's tomato's
« on: June 29, 2007, 04:21:11 PM »
I was curious hold it has been said that Chris Bianco is using fresh tomatos yet it has been said he uses san marzano tomatos. I live here in phoenix az and you cannot grow san marzano tomato's here especially during the summer months. Maybe in the fall but no way in the summer. Any ideas?

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
Re: Chris Bianco's tomato's
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 05:18:18 PM »
When I was there he was using canned tomatoes

Offline David

• What’s So Funny ‘Bout Pizza Love and Understanding
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 08:17:48 PM »
I have yet to eat any Pizza, anywhere, with fresh tomatoes that I found to be outstanding.

Now... a super ripe fresh tomatoe crushed into a nicely charcoal toasted chunk of rustic bread with garlic and /or butter / evoo as found in Spain, is second only to a Margherita IMO !
« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 08:23:55 PM by David »
If you're looking for a date... go to the Supermarket.If you're looking for a wife....go to the Farmers market

Offline allenstu

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 09:05:23 PM »
Any Idea scott what brand of canned tomatoes he's using. I have tried canned tomatoes and they just don't have that freshness so far although i have not tried many. I tried one brand of San Marzano's but that is it. Let me know. allen

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2007, 09:54:29 PM »
I am sorry, but I won't say.  Chris was kind enough to give me some tomatoes and I don't really want to go telling the world what he uses.  You can try checking his store.  Other people have said that he sells them there.  You also might want to just ask him yourself.  He is a really nice guy.  If none of that works just go out and try every brand of canned tomato available in your area.  You will find some good ones, but it is some work and time involved.

Offline scott r

• Supporting Member
  • I Love Pizzafreaks!
« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2007, 09:55:21 PM »
I will say this,  what he gave me was an italian tomato, not california or arazona.