Author Topic: Pizza Resources in Allentown, PA Area?  (Read 2215 times)

Offline Adydar

Pizza Resources in Allentown, PA Area?
« on: July 05, 2007, 03:20:50 PM »
Hi All,

Curious if anyone has any good resources for grande cheese, Stanislaus products, KASL, etc in the Lehigh Valley/Allentown, PA area?  I have recently begun trying to improve my pizza making and found this site, hopefully there are some local areas to purchase high quality ingredients.

I did try a search on the forums for Allentown and Lehigh Valley with no luck.

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 03:57:47 PM by Adydar »

Offline Bryan S

Re: Pizza Resources in Allentown, PA Area?
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 05:00:37 PM »
Howdy Neighbor, I've never been able to find the 6 in 1's or the Stanislaus around Lancater. Those I get from Penn Mac for $5.00 for a #10 can aprox 96ozs. http://www.pennmac.com/page/27 Shipping is reasonable. If you order from there get some of the Ezzo pepperoni, it's fantastic. As far as Grande goes I myself and my family don't care for it. I get the Sorrento Brand (not Sargento) low moisture mozz at BJ's warehouse club for $9.99 a 5lb block, it grates pretty easy verses the Grande. They also have Polly O Mozz there. As far as flour I have settled in on Ceresota flour for my crust. It has a great flavor and get 2 thumbs up by eveyone who eats the pies made from the Ceresota flour. I'll also use Harvest King but the Ceresota is my favorite. You can get those 2 flours at Giant and Weis for under $2.00 a 5lb bag. Not sure if you saw this thread but here's a link for you. http://www.pizzamaking.com/forum/index.php/topic,5000.0.html Hope this helps,  :pizza: Bryan
Making great pizza and learning new things everyday.

Offline Adydar

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 10:32:20 AM »
Thanks for the link and info Bryan, I did see the Ceresota flour at my local Giant but didn't try it yet, I have been using Harvest King.  I'll have to give it a try when it is time for a new bag.  I just ordered some 6 in 1's directly from the escalon site so I'll consider ordering from Penn Mac next.

Offline Spurkey

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2008, 08:45:03 PM »

Adydar,

Your just about 40 mins north of Bova Foods, Chalfont. This is THE distributor to all pizza shops in the Pa east coast. Check out their website. They have a retail shop at the warehouse where you can walk around and browse.

Its geared more towards the pizza shop owner, with model pizza ovens, seats, etc. Really ANYTHING you need to outfit your pizza shop. The owners/staff are cool , but I always feel like a little goofy buying $40. worth of supplies and not $4000.00. I get my cans of tomatos, repacked 10lb bag of real pizza flour, and cheese there.

Good luck!

If you enjoyed making pizza, you will feel like a kid in a candy store there....

pizzapan