Author Topic: Pizza Uno  (Read 1717 times)

Offline Draven782

• RELAX !!! It's just Pizza !
Pizza Uno
« on: July 05, 2007, 12:20:47 AM »
 If anyone out there has a Winn Dixie supermarket near them I would suggest trying one of the frozen Uno pizzas that the store sells. It's not too bad and a lot cheaper than ordering a frozen one from Lou malnati's. I live in Florida and there is a "pizza place" in the city called the "Loop" You know as in Chicago?  It was one of the worst pizza Ive ever ordered. Nothing like a Chicago deep dish pizza. So, If anyone plans on coming to Jacksonville beware the "Loop"...Its an impostor. Go for the frozen uno instead. It will not disappoint. :chef:
 I almost forgot. You can also find pizza Uno in the frozen section at the Walmarts here also.

Dravensonline.com
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 12:29:09 AM by Draven782 »

Offline BTB

Re: Pizza Uno
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2007, 08:04:38 PM »
The frozen pizzas from Pizzeria Uno's available in many stores are a major disappointment IMO.  It doesn't even resemble in any way the famous pizza that was made at the original Pizzerias Uno's and Due's in Chicago across the street from the Medina Temple.  (Opps . . . it does resemble it in one respect . . . . it's round!)  The sausage on the frozen version is the "rabbit droppings" type, there is hardly any tomato sauce of the type used on the original, and the crust is tasteless and isn't even close to the classic original.  Sad to say that it was just another attempt to make a quick buck off the name and reputation of a once great source for the original Chicago deep dish pizza.   :'(