Author Topic: A spinoff of DKMs Lous with pics  (Read 1975 times)

Offline goosen1

• What can Brown do for you??
A spinoff of DKMs Lous with pics
« on: July 07, 2007, 06:47:14 PM »
Here we go.. I know someone is gonna bash me for the pan.. but it works fine for me. :P  Last week my buddy ordered a Lous buttercrust deepdish and brought it over and we compaired it with mine. I don't know why but is it me or is it Lous is starting to use toooo much salt?? It was a great pie but I guess that I am use to not having alot of sodium in my diet. Anyways, He and some friends from Chicago came down here and ate till we dropped. The good thing is that they all loved the pie and said that mine was a gourmet version of Lous and they would rather have mine then Lous. Many thanks to you DMK!!!

Goose
Arguing with a truckdriver is like wrestling with a pig in the mud.. After a while.... you realize the pig enjoys it!!!!

Offline goosen1

Re: A spinoff of DKMs Lous with pics
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2007, 06:50:08 PM »
And the cooked pie.
Arguing with a truckdriver is like wrestling with a pig in the mud.. After a while.... you realize the pig enjoys it!!!!

Offline Peterubers

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2007, 04:10:42 PM »
It looks FABULOUS!  nice work (boy do I hate looking at these awesome pics on this site.. makes me wanna go make a ball of dough and put a pizza together... bad for my diet!)

One thing I noticed that you did that I have had some trouble with (and I think you have done it perfectly) is the height of the dough in the pan (before cooking) is only 1/2 way up the side of the pan -- i'm assuming you used a 2" deep pan?

Mine usually is at the level of the top of the pan  and ends up fluffing up over the pan and out during the cooking process. 

Couple questions for you:
1) How thick is the dough when you spread it out in the pan?  Would you say 1/4" or 1/8" ?
2) How much oil did you use in the pan prior to spreading the dough out?
3) (okay, three questions) Did you roll out your dough with a rolling pin, or did you spread it out with your hand in the pan?

Congrats on the pizza!

Offline goosen1

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2007, 09:28:01 PM »
Thanks Peterubers,

The pan that I use is a 14x2 pan. When I spread the dough out it's somewhat around 3/16". I never roll the dough out. For that reason, you will not get that nice biscuit texture that I love. Now the oil.. I was wondering the same thing when I was making this one... So by chance I measured it for curiosity.. 2 1/2 tablespoons is how much I used.. Normally I just put it in and measure it by eye.. Now about your diet... Believe it or not, I have been making these pizzas for around 6 months now and I make one just about every weekend. I have been losing weight slowly but steadily. I was 218lbs around 4 months ago and as of today I weight 187. My wife is a RN and like she is always telling me... "Eat in moderation!!" I know it is really hard to but it's working for me. Just watch what you get for your pizza. Get fresh ingredients and look at the labels.  But hey.. Thanks for the compliment on the pizza..

Goose