Author Topic: Ideas for backyard pizza ovens-outdoor kitchens  (Read 3193 times)

Offline pizza concerto

• Lifetime Member
  • ...so much pizza, so little stomach...
Ideas for backyard pizza ovens-outdoor kitchens
« on: July 15, 2007, 10:21:36 PM »
Just thought it'd be nice to see how some of the members here have set up their pizza ovens...I had a seldom used (prefab) gazebo sitting in the yard, and decided to utilize that space for the outdoor pizza oven...it worked out that it could be built right into one of the octagonal openings, and the rest opened up to be used for serving space, prep counter (sure wish I'd gone granite there!) bar area, barbeque...it comfortably seats 4 at the bar, and an additional 2 spots inside.  It's great for entertaining as everyone faces the open flame of the oven.

Hope some of you will share your ideas for your outdoor or indoor pizza ovens here...either in planning phase or completed, or just imagined.

Dan
"Only Irish Coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar, fat." -- Alex Levine

Offline DrDuktayp

Re: Ideas for backyard pizza ovens-outdoor kitchens
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2007, 10:50:17 AM »
I have been planning out my backyard kitchen and found several ideas from a magazine.  I like the looks of Pergolas as they are open and have an old world look.  Unfortunately, for me to actually be able to use the space more than 14 days a year I will have to plan on rain & wind.  Just reading this makes me think I should build the kitchen in the family room and have the patio available when the weather is nice.

I like how you used the gazebo.  It looks like an inviting place to hang out with friends.

DrDuktayp

Offline pizza concerto

• Lifetime Member
  • ...so much pizza, so little stomach...
Re: Ideas for backyard pizza ovens-outdoor kitchens
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2007, 11:32:42 AM »
Hi DrDuktayp,

I thought about putting mine in an attached game room, but once I started getting into the venting issues, and space requirements, it forced me outside.  It worked best though, since the weather in LA is really good most of the time.

The gazebo idea just seemed right.  What do you do with a gazebo unless you're having a Sunday band concert?! (It is now the focus of our whole house when guests come over.)

Dan
"Only Irish Coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar, fat." -- Alex Levine

pizzapan